What was the best dog you've had?

/ What was the best dog you've had? #61  
The first year after we got married we got a Cairn terrier.
The 2nd year after we got married I found a kitten in the yard. Very small. I raised it with the Cairn and trained it like a dog. It would come when called, sit, stay, speak, shake hands, lie down, roll over, etc. It would walk on a leash and enjoyed car rides. The cat and dog would sit next to each other and beg from the table. However, the cat was huge compared to the dog. It could stand up with its front paws on the dinner table, and look at your dinner plate. If it saw something it liked, it could reach over and grab the food off of your plate if you weren't paying attention. I honestly think the dog and cat were in cahoots, as the dog would bark to distract you, the cat would grab some food from your other side, then the dog would run over and they'd both gobble it down. :ROFLMAO:

It was fun walking into the veterinarian office with a dog on one leash and a cat on the other. The dogs in the waiting room would go nuts and the cat would jump up on a chair and look around like "what's up dudes, where's the cat?" :p

He lived 17 years and was a diabetic the last 2 years. I gave him insulin injections twice a day. He didn't care. Great cat and dog. Miss them both.

/ What was the best dog you've had? #62  
The first year after we got married we got a Cairn terrier.
The 2nd year after we got married I found a kitten in the yard. Very small. I raised it with the Cairn and trained it like a dog. It would come when called, sit, stay, speak, shake hands, lie down, roll over, etc. It would walk on a leash and enjoyed car rides. The cat and dog would sit next to each other and beg from the table. However, the cat was huge compared to the dog. It could stand up with its front paws on the dinner table, and look at your dinner plate. If it saw something it liked, it could reach over and grab the food off of your plate if you weren't paying attention. I honestly think the dog and cat were in cahoots, as the dog would bark to distract you, the cat would grab some food from your other side, then the dog would run over and they'd both gobble it down. :ROFLMAO:

It was fun walking into the veterinarian office with a dog on one leash and a cat on the other. The dogs in the waiting room would go nuts and the cat would jump up on a chair and look around like "what's up dudes, where's the cat?" :p

He lived 17 years and was a diabetic the last 2 years. I gave him insulin injections twice a day. He didn't care. Great cat and dog. Miss them both.
That’s fantastic!

/ What was the best dog you've had? #63  
Old English Sheepdog---Heidi

/ What was the best dog you've had? #64  
Male Great Dane (fawn colored).

/ What was the best dog you've had? #66  
He is. Very dangerous fella.

I had some friends who bought him as a pup. The dad was going into the service and the whole family decided to move together, and they couldn't take Brutus with them. I had connected well with the dog while hanging out over there so they asked me if I wanted him. I had a German Shepherd at the time also and really couldn't handle another big dog, but I have a soft spot for pits and always fear what might happen to them because of the stereotypes. I took him and it was one of the best things I've ever done. I was a bachelor then but he's been a huge blessing to our family. When he's gone it will devastate us all.

/ What was the best dog you've had?
Lots of great insight here. Thanks for the stories and the pics.

/ What was the best dog you've had? #68  
They are great cats! We had one.
We also had a Maine Coon... picked him up at the feed store for free. It was a kitten that somebody didn't want. We didn't know it was a Maine Coon until much later, that is until it got over 20#. Great cat though. It spent days hunting for squirrels, chipmunks, mice, birds, just about anything.

Cooper, our M/Coon would go out all day and come back into the house at dusk. He loved to show off his prowess and strength by climbing very tall trees. That rascal could jump 6' up the tree for a start. Unfortunately at age 5 it went up a 40' tree, slipped and fell. Broke his back and had other internal injuries, so we had to put him down.
Geez we miss that cat. We'd love to have another Maine Coon.

As far as our 'best dog', every dog I've owned were 'best' in my book. Our current 'best dog' is a rescue mix Chihuahua and Dachshund. Healthiest and smart? Fantastic little gal.

Everybody should have a dog if at all possible.

/ What was the best dog you've had? #69  
Cassie was our 1st Keeshond. I used to tell her she was the best dog. We’ve had/have 4 more and they are great, but she was the best!

Our current guy Cinder is pretty close though ...

Frank
IMG_1624.jpg

/ What was the best dog you've had? #70  
We also had a Maine Coon... picked him up at the feed store for free. It was a kitten that somebody didn't want. We didn't know it was a Maine Coon until much later, that is until it got over 20#. Great cat though. It spent days hunting for squirrels, chipmunks, mice, birds, just about anything.

Cooper, our M/Coon would go out all day and come back into the house at dusk. He loved to show off his prowess and strength by climbing very tall trees. That rascal could jump 6' up the tree for a start. Unfortunately at age 5 it went up a 40' tree, slipped and fell. Broke his back and had other internal injuries, so we had to put him down.
Geez we miss that cat. We'd love to have another Maine Coon.

As far as our 'best dog', every dog I've owned were 'best' in my book. Our current 'best dog' is a rescue mix Chihuahua and Dachshund. Healthiest and smart? Fantastic little gal.

Everybody should have a dog if at all possible.
I have to respectfully disagree with that. Having a pet is something which not everybody is qualified for. I've seen too many dogs who didn't deserve the way they are mistreated.