What you got?

/ What you got? #61  
can appreciate what your saying, i love my b2400 for ease of operation and performance, but my old 2n has s special place in my heart, she just sounded nice. that ols 6volt system always sounded like it was a dead battery, but she always started. was a bear to steer tho, and not that easy on the old legs for shifting. the new tractors are great , but don't know how many of them will still be working after 50+ years.

/ What you got? #62  
You're right!!
There is something special about a 50 year old tractor. Mine hasn't let me down yet, and I can now add snowplowing to it's many tasks. I really have no need or desire for a "modern" tractor!

Rich
"What a long strange trip it's been."

/ What you got? #63  
RICH: i really had no DESIRE for a modern tractor, but the need was there. i need to give my old arms a break from steering that beast, needed to give my legs a rest from the constant clutching and shifting. the bota is such a pleasure to operate. but it wll never replace the ford 2n. MR. Ford and Mr. Ferguson made one hell of a tractor/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ What you got? #64  
Frank, that's interesting. I find mine easy to steer. Maybe because I've driven trucks all my life. As far as shifting and clutching, I do almost everything in third gear, so basically the only time I shift is to go in reverse. I guess since I've never used a new tractor, I don't know what I'm missing. I'll try to make a point of never using a new tractor, then I'll always be satisfied!/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Rich
"What a long strange trip it's been."

/ What you got? #65  
EXACTLY RICH! i used mine a lot for moving snow. and between clearing the 2 drives and at corner wher mail box is, i was constantly going forward then dump, shift and go back, then shift and go forward etc. and that old fel just put so much weight on the front it was bear to steer,.. did not used to be so hard a few years back. do u think i might be getting old?/w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif

/ What you got? #67  
Just found this part of the board! I occasionally comment on the Customizing board and the JD owning/operating board.

My antique is a 1938 McCormick-Deering F14. I use it to haul trailers for various tasks, and have a 1950 John Deere H manure spreader, a '49 or '50 (not sure) Allis-Chalmers #3 sicklebar mower and an unidentified old disk harrow I pull with it as well.

After a complete rebuild, it starts first or second crank and runs like a top. I try to find an excuse to use it at least once a week year around. In fact, I should probably clean out the chicken coop tomorrow...

Attachments

• 44-112104-hookup.jpg
    44-112104-hookup.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 133
   / What you got? #68  
That is a nice tractor, nice to see it hooked up to be worked still. Thanks

/ What you got? #69  
If you have anymore photos could you zip some to me. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif
I'm interested in the model of your tractor..Thanks.

/ What you got? #70  
I got a raft of 'em, Thomas. Durn near as many as I have of the Grandkids :) Here's a side view.

I'll email ya some, and/or there are some at my website:

http://www.angelfire.com/me4/pfoxy

Attachments

• 44-112191-decal2.jpg
    44-112191-decal2.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 117