What's for supper???

/ What's for supper???
#2,461  
025.jpg035.jpg041.jpg

Supper was a spinach fruit salad, bowl of turnips {out of the garden}, sausage and Pepper Jack sandwich, Armenian cucumbers and corn {both also out of the garden}. Very good.

/ What's for supper??? #2,462  
   / What's for supper??? #2,463  
Ok. So I ask the wife what she wants for dinner tonight? She says spaghetti. I remember there's a tub of spaghetti sauce already made in the fridge, so I make the pasta and heat up the sauce. It looks a little thick, but every sauce cold looks thick, right? So I add some water and if I thin it out too much, I'll just steam it off. We sit down to eat, I ladle on the sauce, top it with some cheese, start eating and my wife is looking at me.... What? This is manwich.

LMAO. That's a good one. Question is did she eat it? Mine would have gotten up mad. I have been trying to get out of kitchen duty for 10+ years. I think this trick would do it. Although I thought the time I made a dry chicken rub and swapped the amount of sugar with salt would do it, but it didn't. Dog turned down that meal.

/ What's for supper??? #2,464  
   / What's for supper??? #2,465  
   / What's for supper??? #2,466  
Sounds good. I know it's not the same class of fish, but years ago when Daddy was still alive, him and all my Jackson County "Larro" cousins would go down to St. Joe Bay and catch a few hundred pounds of mullet. The wives would can them, make fish balls and just about everything else you could think of. I'm not a fan of mullet, so I don't know how they were.

Never had mullet.......but fresh canned tuna is great!!!

/ What's for supper???
#2,467  
So the "bowls of turnip" are bowls of cooked turnip greens (or as we say here turnip tops) - right?

Yep, turnip greens. There was a couple of small roots, but since this was the first cropping, the roots will be along later.

/ What's for supper???
#2,468  
012.jpg

We tried a new twist on an old favorite tonight. We've had spinach shrimp and pasta and spinach chicken and pasta before. Parm cheese was on my shopping list, and while I was at the store today, a loaf of garlic bread caught my eye and it got me to thinking about pasta possibilities. Since we had leftover sausage, I decided to give it a try. It came out very good, even if it could have used more spinach. Also had fresh corn to go with it.

/ What's for supper??? #2,469  
LMAO. That's a good one. Question is did she eat it? Mine would have gotten up mad. I have been trying to get out of kitchen duty for 10+ years. I think this trick would do it. Although I thought the time I made a dry chicken rub and swapped the amount of sugar with salt would do it, but it didn't. Dog turned down that meal.

Yep, we ate it. Was still better than school lunches! :)

Does she like chicken tacos? Make them with a can of tuna "by mistake". That might get you out of it.

My wife doesn't care what we have for dinner if she doesn't have to make it. I've been cooking dinner every weeknight for about a year and a half due to both of us having job changes. I enjoy it. She enjoys it. I could probably fry up some dog food and put it on mashed potatoes with a jar of heavy gravy and she'd still be happy I cooked for her. :) I'm putting together a recipe binder. I want to end up with 50-60 different meals so I don't have to plan and we don't eat the same thing every week. I'm up to a couple dozen pretty good meals. Maybe three dozen if you use chicken instead of beef, pork, etc...

/ What's for supper???
#2,470  
I'm putting together a recipe binder. I want to end up with 50-60 different meals so I don't have to plan and we don't eat the same thing every week. I'm up to a couple dozen pretty good meals. Maybe three dozen if you use chicken instead of beef, pork, etc...

I do a good deal of the cooking during the week if I have the night off. Margie does most of the weekend cooking. We both enjoy the amount we do.

Back when I was trying to lose weight I started using the recipe maker at Myfitnesspal.com. My recipe box there has 20 pages with 10 recipes per page. Now when I'm cooking something I've had before, I just scroll through and find it in the recipe box. I've learned a few tricks with time, like putting the date in the recipe title, and the grams/serving if it isn't 100. Most of my recipes are things I thought of, {like squashyamacallit} or a blend of three or four recipes I found through Google.