What's happened to Shield Arc

/ What's happened to Shield Arc #81  
He's getting up in age just like you and I are. Getting older means less comments and more naps....:D

/ What's happened to Shield Arc #84  
Shield Arc = god of welding :thumbsup:

/ What's happened to Shield Arc #86  
I would just like to know if Shield Arc ever resolved the problem he was having with his "nutcase" neighbor. Does anyone know the answer to that?

/ What's happened to Shield Arc #87  
I recall SA emailing me personal knowledge on the Lincoln flux core guns I had.

Google image:

Adjustments.jpg

/ What's happened to Shield Arc #88  
I have 20 years on you.... Don't mean I'm smarter however. Been said that farmers aren't all that smart.

Correct. We aren’t.

/ What's happened to Shield Arc #90  
Just ask John Deere...lol Sell you a tractor you cannot repair without their intervention.

If the tractor is not under warranty there's no reason you can't repair it. If you're talking about the proprietary software/firmware running on the tractor, then you need to buy an after market diagnostic system just like you need to do if you want to repair a modern automobile. You can buy either John Deere Service Advisor or the TEXA system. The TEXA system will allow you to diagnose, program, clear codes etc. on heavy equipment and has modules for JD agricultural and construction equipment. I don't understand people attempting to make this into a fight between the manufacturer and owner. Automobile companies will not sell you their proprietary diagnostic software. The manufacturers pay to develop the diagnostic software and it is constantly being updated. If you are an independent auto repair shop, you buy one of the many after market diagnostic systems and pay a subscription fee if you want to keep it current. You can do the same thing with the TEXA system and work on your own equipment. This seems to be an Internet generated "problem" that people love to quote, that in reality, can be solved by anyone wanting to spend about $7500 for the software and hardware needed to repair modern agricultural equipment.

If you're alluding to the fact that John Deere owns the software/firmware on the equipment, that is NO different than running a computer with the operating system and application software. The software belongs to the company (Microsoft, Apple, AutoCad, etc.) and you're buying a license from them to run it on your computer. If you look at any of software licenses they tell you how many machines you can run the software on legally - and most software today, will only allow you to run the copy of the software on a single machine. YOU DON"T OWN THE SOFTWARE. There is no reason to think you own the software on an automobile, tractor, back hoe, bull dozer, etc. You have purchased the hardware and the software is licensed to you as part of the purchase.

If you have a problem with that - I'd suggest that you educate yourself on copyright law.