What's happened to Shield Arc

/ What's happened to Shield Arc #171  
Thanks for checking in on him and updating us. I wonder if there is some way to put together a group Christmas card or something. Or maybe a bunch of folks send him separate cards if you are able to provide his address privately.

I am sure there is technology that would let him keep up with forums without needing to type or lift his arms, but he'll probably need an IT helper on that end to spearhead it. He may not have the time or interest though, with everything that he's dealing with.

/ What's happened to Shield Arc #172  
Thanks for the update, I am so sorry to hear about Carl and his wife's health problems. I kinda figured it was going to be something like that. I will keep them in my prayers.

/ What's happened to Shield Arc #173  
This is what I was afraid of. You can't keep a good man down, but his health can. In my prayers.
hugs, Brandi

/ What's happened to Shield Arc #174  
Thank You for letting him know he's been missed. Never hurts to hear that.

/ What's happened to Shield Arc #175  
You're much more diplomatic than me.

And a lot more diplomatic than me. I am disgusted with some folks and their gross behavior.

/ What's happened to Shield Arc #176  
Carl is a fantastic individual and he has given more of himself to help up and coming young (and in my case not so young) welders. His knowledge base is one that most men could only wish for and he has made his mark on so much of the west coast from Los Angeles to Alaska. If it was built in the 80 or 90's out here he was probably involved. To say that I consider my time with him to have been invaluable to improving my welding skills would be an understatement of enormous proportion. I just wish that I has been able to get back over to have him help me with my TIG aluminum welding.

To any who show disrespect in your posts, and you know who you are, you are just flat out scum.

/ What's happened to Shield Arc #177  
OK, here is the story. I finally caught Shield-Arc (Carl) at home today. He is still alive but is not in very good physical shape. Also his wife recently had a series of 19 strokes which have left her an invalid and he is caring for her the best, with help, he is able. His old pile driving accident has come home to roost badly. He cannot raise his arms above his midsection and fingers cannot manipulate the keyboard any more. he has to give up on both forums. His shop time is now almost nil except he is teaching his grandson to weld. He sends his best wishes to all and keep him in your hearts and prayers.

Overall he does not look good. He has lost a lot weight and walks haltingly. God bless and keep him. He is 10 years younger than me so at 85 I may not be far behind him. My old pipefitter days are coming home to roost with a vengeance with spinal problems, if my cardiologist allows, I am facing two back surgeries.

Ron

Thank you for the report. I wonder if he knows how many he has helped over the years???

Prayers for you, Carl and his wife.

/ What's happened to Shield Arc #180  
****. That does suck to hear. It seems like yesterday we got to see Shield's distaste for 115 volt welders and his head butting with the Sodo guy.
What a few years does to the situation.
To echo S219, I wonder if someone I.T. savvy could help him out with one of those voice thingys that write what you speak. If we send him something like that, maybe his grandson could hook it up for him. Maybe he'd still like to be involved with the forum if so? Get his mind off of things and something to do if it'd be his desire. He's got quite the cross to bear.
I'd contribute to that if Shield would welcome such.