What's your dog's name and how did you name it?

/ What's your dog's name and how did you name it? #21  
Our two dogs are both Great Pyrenees. We gave them good Scandinavian names. The smaller one is Mina, short for Wilhelmina, a town in northern Sweden where my wife's grandparents came from (also the name of a Swedish queen). Her sister is named Freyja, after the Norse goddess of war... after all, she is supposed to be a fierce livestock guardian. They both look after their charges (sheep and goats) with watchful eyes and perked ears, ready to bark at anything they see or hear, real or imagined.

Joe

/ What's your dog's name and how did you name it? #22  
We now have 2 Boston Terriers. Daisy, a mild low keyed female and Dottie a high energy female. Eddie, a male Boston Terrier who died last year is my Avitar. He was getting up there in age and was blind the last year of his life. He was smaller than the females but they give him a wide berth where ever he went. I guess you could say the girls respected his impairment, and his temperament. He was a grumpy old man.....
image.jpg

/ What's your dog's name and how did you name it? #23  
The name of my dog is Diversity.

Diversity-Aug14-04.jpg

The summer of '04 I was winding up my career at Sprint by training 3 Indians how to take my job home with them. My birthday came around and my kids thought it would be cute to get me a dog. I hated them for a long time. . .

Corporate email was streaming in during the last days how we should embrace change and accept more Diversity in our lives. . .

She has always had such a gentle sole and is a very loyal companion.

Diver%20in%20Doggles.jpg

We certainly accepted Diversity! Sprint was the last W2 taxes I ever paid. We embraced change, bought the farm 6 years ago and never looked back.

But life is not fair. 'Diver' had a tough winter. Her arthritis in her rear hips has become chronic plus she contracted Diabetes. Before we figured out the right twice-a-day shot levels she went blind.

Diver%20Flowers.jpg

She still has her good days but now I'm her Seeing-Eye Bob.
:weepy:

/ What's your dog's name and how did you name it? #24  
The name of my dog is Diversity.

Diversity-Aug14-04.jpg

The summer of '04 I was winding up my career at Sprint by training 3 Indians how to take my job home with them. My birthday came around and my kids thought it would be cute to get me a dog. I hated them for a long time. . .

Corporate email was streaming in during the last days how we should embrace change and accept more Diversity in our lives. . .

She has always had such a gentle sole and is a very loyal companion.

Diver%20in%20Doggles.jpg

We certainly accepted Diversity! Sprint was the last W2 taxes I ever paid. We embraced change, bought the farm 6 years ago and never looked back.

But life is not fair. 'Diver' had a tough winter. Her arthritis in her rear hips has become chronic plus she contracted Diabetes. Before we figured out the right twice-a-day shot levels she went blind.

Diver%20Flowers.jpg

She still has her good days but now I'm her Seeing-Eye Bob.
:weepy:
They get old too fast. My vet actually is a trained acupuncturist; I know of one older GS which this seems to help.

Just a thought...

/ What's your dog's name and how did you name it? #25  
They get old too fast. My vet actually is a trained acupuncturist; I know of one older GS which this seems to help.

Just a thought...

Great looking girl. Yes, they do get old way to fast!

/ What's your dog's name and how did you name it? #26  
Not mine, but he's cool

image.jpg

/ What's your dog's name and how did you name it? #27  
Current dog's name is "Girlfriend". She is a retired greyhound racer and that was her racing name. Previous dog was named "PTO". Named by my niece, a farm kid.

Funny names, huh?

Our 4 retired racing dogs are:

"Doe's Bruciebaby" is now Brucie;
"Doe's Bumper" is now Bumper;
"Shaula" is now Squirt; and
"Zosma" is now Omie.

We didn't name any of our dogs but carried on their kennel names.

/ What's your dog's name and how did you name it? #29  
Kaine, a 5 year old pit. Named cause we where watching his brother till a friend could get ready for him. Couldn't think of any names for brothers other than Kaine/Cain/Kane/however you want to spell it. After all he's a dog, and I doubt we've ever need to have a spelling for his name.

/ What's your dog's name and how did you name it? #30  

Just a thought...

We had acupuncture done on our chocolate lab when he grew old, he regressed four years. We only did it in the winter months. I can say I saw it happen, and I believe in it after that!

otherwise, like many, its was voo doo, and something a scientific nation does not recognize, after seeing what it did for him, I believe in it.