What's your favorite degreaser?

/ What's your favorite degreaser? #21  
I use brake cleaner for just about everything!!! Works great at cleaning parts on the tractor, or any other engine, but it's also great for cleaning my rifle, paint sprayer and sheetrock texture gun. If it needs cleaning, I use brake cleaner!!!!

/ What's your favorite degreaser? #23  
I once had to replace leading edge protective foil strips on a composite ultralight prop. The manufacturer (IVO Prop) said use MEK to remove the old adhesive residue. That's some stout stuff but worked really well. Speaking of Ivo he has an interesting story. ABOUT – Ivoprop Corp.

/ What's your favorite degreaser? #24  
I once had to replace leading edge protective foil strips on a composite ultralight prop. The manufacturer (IVO Prop) said use MEK to remove the old adhesive residue. That's some stout stuff but worked really well. Speaking of Ivo he has an interesting story. ABOUT – Ivoprop Corp.

MEK makes me gag.

/ What's your favorite degreaser? #25  
I like the Citrus Degreasers as they work well, don't eat stuff and smell great! I also use acetone or brake cleaner a lot depending on what I am doing. Acetone generally for cleaning up parts that have oil from milling before welding.

/ What's your favorite degreaser? #26  
For the big jobs, cleaning tractors and equipment for servicing, repair or repainting I have always used a hot water pressure washer.

IMG_4372.jpg

/ What's your favorite degreaser? #27  
If it's smaller than a small breadbox I will use my solvent tank.

IMG_5341.jpg

I've had it almost 40 years and the only thing I've done is add a filtration system and replaced the drum.

Pretty hard to beat tried and true Stoddard Solvent. Plus I love the smell. I grew up using it as a selective herbicide on carrot seedlings. We used to get 10 fifty gallon drums delivered at a time. LOL.

/ What's your favorite degreaser? #28  
Here's a few other things I keep on hand for cleaning, depending on the situation.

I find my "go to" is acetone like many others have mentioned.

IMG_5343.jpg

/ What's your favorite degreaser? #29  
For everyday tool cleaning I recently bought this WD40 degreaser and really like it.

IMG_5344.jpg

/ What's your favorite degreaser? #30  
I mostly use the purple stuff.

Just a PSA on Phosgene. The threat is real, when I was younger I worked for a large AC company and when working with a torch one day I created phosgene gas. 2 hospital days later I came out fine but I will never forget the stomach cramps and the difficulty breathing.