What's Your Favourite 2 Stroke Oil Mix Tool

/ What's Your Favourite 2 Stroke Oil Mix Tool #31  
Ratio-rite is what I've been using since 70/80s.?

/ What's Your Favourite 2 Stroke Oil Mix Tool #32  
I pay a little extra for the oil for my chain saw & weedeater, I buy quality brand oil in 1 shot bottle that will mix 1 gallon of gas,I don't need in bulk as often as I use mine, I will buy 2-3 bottles at a time from Amazon,this way my mix is perfect.

/ What's Your Favourite 2 Stroke Oil Mix Tool #33  
West Marine offers a wide selection of measurers....the old 2-cycle outboards came in all different HP and gas tank size varied greatly, so measuring for them will fit your needs for liters vs. gals.

/ What's Your Favourite 2 Stroke Oil Mix Tool #35  
As far as oem oils that you seem to dislike and say are not that great, I have a Stihl Farm Boss chain saw that has had nothing but Stihl Ultra oil in it for going on 15 years with zero problems and it still runs like new. Starts with 3 pulls cold 1 pull warmed up. Just sayin

/ What's Your Favourite 2 Stroke Oil Mix Tool #36  
I use the squeeze measuring cut attached to the Echo Red Armor oil.

Close enough. Round up if you're concerned.

/ What's Your Favourite 2 Stroke Oil Mix Tool #37  
As I buy my 2 stroke oil in "bulk" (relatively speaking, as I buy it in 1 quart containers) and need to measure it out to mix with gas, I'm trying, with not a lot of luck, to find the ideal tool to suit my needs.

Typically I mix my 2 stroke fuel in 5 liter (approx. 1.3 gal) jugs as I find this the ideal deal size for lugging around with the chainsaw, etc. and also for not having it go stale over periods of low use. I may mix a few at a time if I'm expecting to use a lot between the chainsaws, backpack blowers, various Stihl Kombi powerhead attachments, etc.. Invariably, I stick with 50:1 and have had little to no fuel related problems over the years of fairly heavy duty use in a wide range of temperature extremes. I do the occasional 40:1 mix for one the the kids small dirt bikes. I've tried a few types of high end synthetics over the years and right now I've been sticking with Amsoil Sabre.

Years ago I use to buy the small bottles sized perfectly for my gas can (Stihl or Husky) but figured it wasn't that cost effective and don't believe the OEM oils are all that great anyway. I bought them the few times I bought a new Stihl tool for the warranty extension they offered for doing so. Full synthetic OEM oil doesn't seem that easy to come by in that format locally, if they even offer it (Don't think Husky has a full synthetic?). I don't see a time where I'll ever make the switch to pre-mixed fuel, although the ethanol mandates here in Canada may make that a consideration in the future.

For the last few years, I've been re-using a Motul motocross oil container that has a built-in measurer, but that's less than ideal.

I'm looking for something that is precise, suitable for smaller quantities (i.e. 5 liters) and has graduations for liters, ideally even ones. Many of the bottles etc. that I've found are geared more to gallons or quarts so the liter graduations are not even, and I'm trying to avoid math during the process. I also want something that is purpose built, and not just a generic measuring device. I don't consider myself a lazy person, just looking for an efficient and fool-proof solution that will avoid any mistakes.

I see plenty of this type out there, but they're oversized for my application and don't have even liter markings.

View attachment 809763

I thought something like this would be good, but it's actually a bit small, as it is meant to measure out for a liter/quart at a time.

View attachment 809764

Somebody must make the ultimate tool for my application? I'm not coming up with much on Google that fits all my criteria.
You may want to use one of the dispensers restaurants use for ketchup and mustard. They have caps and are cheap. I use one to add hydraulic oil to my boat steering reservoir because it is a pain to get a funnel to. Easy to use and you could add measuring make to it to match your particular size container.

/ What's Your Favourite 2 Stroke Oil Mix Tool #38  
For all you 'only Stihl' will do, I'm here to tell you that the quality has went down and the price has went up, way up and today there is more plastic in a Stihl too. The older Stihl's (I have 3 and all 3 are over 40 years old don't even compare favorably to the new ones. My last 2 new saws are Echo. 1/2 to 2/3rds the price of a comparable Stihl and high quality made in Japan saws with Oregon bars and Oregon chain and a superior guarantee as well. Echo's are unconditionally guaranteed for homeowner use for 5 years against any defects in workmanship or failure.

/ What's Your Favourite 2 Stroke Oil Mix Tool #39  
I generally mix a gallon at a time, and would love to get away from the single use containers, but like the OP, I have yet to find the ideal measuring container. I tried the Ratio-rite cup, but it really seems aimed at mixing much larger quantities. The 50:1 mark for 1 gallon of fuel is near the bottom of their gauge, so the cup is large and bulky for my needs.

I just use the built in measuring tool that comes with the 2 stroke oil container. I happen to use Husqvarna but pretty much every brand uses the container.

View attachment 809902

I'd love to find one of these (or rather, one like that but callibrated for gallons rather than liters), but no one sells that style bottle in my area.

/ What's Your Favourite 2 Stroke Oil Mix Tool #40  
I also use the ratio- rite. Rinse it with gas and turn it over.