Wheels turn but tractor doesn’t

/ Wheels turn but tractor doesn’t #21  
If it don't have a loader and has a plow on back, it most certainly will.
Ah well, there's that yeh. If your front end is barely touching the ground, that's all she wrote as far as turning.

/ Wheels turn but tractor doesn’t #22  
Ah well, there's that yeh. If your front end is barely touching the ground, that's all she wrote as far as turning.
I've had so much on the rear that the only way I could turn is with the brakes.

/ Wheels turn but tractor doesn’t #23  
The OP's tractor is a 253, if it is an open station then the diff lock will stiffen from lack of use and when used won't let go. You need to manually lift the pedal.

/ Wheels turn but tractor doesn’t #24  
mine did. cable froze on the gc2400. in 4wd while tilling I had to do 15pt turns to turn 180 degrees. in 2wd 30pt turns.
it sucked.
I crawled under (fresh horse manure involved....much better than fresh cow manure) smacked the diff lock lever and never touched it until new cable came it.
LOL reminds me I messed up that cable few weeks ago so...another 40$ gone LOL
I had the left steering clutch go out on my JD-420C. I was all the way down front tending the driveway. I had to drive it all the way back to the shop (over a 1/4 mile) with only the right steering clutch. Every time I had to make a steering correction to the left, I had to stop, back up and turn to the left with the RH clutch then go forward. And my driveway is not straight. Took a while but I got it back to the shop. :)

/ Wheels turn but tractor doesn’t #25  
I'm new to tractors and bought a MF231 to manage some property we're buying. I'm pretty sure I'm having the same problem as the OP. Turn the wheels and the tractor just pushes forward making 2 big old ruts. Anyone have pictures of where exactly the lever is and what position it should be in?

/ Wheels turn but tractor doesn’t #26  
Maybe forgot to lower the floor jack?

/ Wheels turn but tractor doesn’t #27  
I'm new to tractors and bought a MF231 to manage some property we're buying. I'm pretty sure I'm having the same problem as the OP. Turn the wheels and the tractor just pushes forward making 2 big old ruts. Anyone have pictures of where exactly the lever is and what position it should be in?
Sitting on the tractor, it should be behind your right foot, it's just a pedal behind your right heel that you press to lock the rear diff... supposed to release when you let off... yes they do stick.. I've had to reach down and pull up on it several times.
The pedal should be close to parallel with the floor pan you rest your foot on when not engaged

/ Wheels turn but tractor doesn’t #28  
MF231owner, I would add to MF243RedTop's post that if it is really sticky you may need to use a pry bar, That was sometimes needed on my MF240. As a preventative, use WD40 or kroil or some other penetrating oil.
Could you show a short video clip of what is going on?

/ Wheels turn but tractor doesn’t #29  
Bound to be resolved by now ... ?

/ Wheels turn but tractor doesn’t #30  
I've experienced that with my old Fordson Dexta. Differential was locked. Simple solution but for a green newbie, very concerning.