When you finally get all your dumps in a row...

MossRoad

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year
Here's a link to the original. You can blow up a higher res copy of the photo and read the details on the trucks, etc... very well. Also, there's some history of the photo there as well. What a neat site! :thumbsup:

CONTENTdm

tomplum

Veteran Member
Tractor
XJ2025H
That's pretty cool. I was talking to this gentleman last week, I would guess was 80 or so and asked him what he did for a living. Said he used to drive concrete truck for years and bit about that. He liked the work and the people etc. He also said that the trucks when he first started would haul only 2 1/2 yards of mix. Those were the days.

Industrial Toys

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota R510 Wheel Loader + Cab and backhoe, JD 6200 Open Station, Cushman 6150, 4x4, ten foot 56 hp Kubota diesel hydraulic wing mower, Steiner 430 Diesel Max, Kawasaki Diesel Mule, JD 4x2 Electric Gator
They CHEATED and used a straight edge. Always impressed how smart people were back then. Without computers and lasers.

2LaneCruzer

Super Star Member
Tractor
John Deere LX172
Here's a link to the original. You can blow up a higher res copy of the photo and read the details on the trucks, etc... very well. Also, there's some history of the photo there as well. What a neat site! :thumbsup:

CONTENTdm

Probably in Denver Colorado? I thought they had mountains in Denver! :eek:

ovrszd

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota M9540, Ford 3910FWD, Ford 555A, JD2210
Nope. Town was founded at a good water source. Denver isn't Colorado. It was founded by those looking at the pending mountains and saying "I ain't climbin that!!!!"