When you finally get all your dumps in a row...

/ When you finally get all your dumps in a row... #11  
Here's a link to the original. You can blow up a higher res copy of the photo and read the details on the trucks, etc... very well. Also, there's some history of the photo there as well. What a neat site! :thumbsup:

CONTENTdm

/ When you finally get all your dumps in a row... #12  
That's pretty cool. I was talking to this gentleman last week, I would guess was 80 or so and asked him what he did for a living. Said he used to drive concrete truck for years and bit about that. He liked the work and the people etc. He also said that the trucks when he first started would haul only 2 1/2 yards of mix. Those were the days.

/ When you finally get all your dumps in a row... #13  
They CHEATED and used a straight edge. Always impressed how smart people were back then. Without computers and lasers.

/ When you finally get all your dumps in a row... #15  
Here's a link to the original. You can blow up a higher res copy of the photo and read the details on the trucks, etc... very well. Also, there's some history of the photo there as well. What a neat site! :thumbsup:

CONTENTdm

Probably in Denver Colorado? I thought they had mountains in Denver! :eek:

/ When you finally get all your dumps in a row... #16  
Nope. Town was founded at a good water source. Denver isn't Colorado. It was founded by those looking at the pending mountains and saying "I ain't climbin that!!!!"