Where are 1700 series made?

/ Where are 1700 series made? #21  
Hello everyone,

I too am very interested in the 1700 series, seems to be a fine tractor! I was curious wether folks who own this series with the Tier4 Massey F's have a thread going discussing their experiences with the new system? I've been doing a lot of reading on it and trying to understand it better.

My wife and I have been contemplating buying a new tractor this year so her father can do some land clearing for us. I've always been partial to Kubota, my father owns a b2910 that's never had an issue and is still on the original battery. My b7100 is over 40 years old and still runs like a beast.

I've been following a lot of issues with the tier4 kubotas and it has not been pleasant.... Folks are getting quite angry about it and I don't blame them! It's to the point where I want nothing to do with a tier 4 kubota.

Massey has always been highly regarded by owners, that why I'm really interested. If anyone is sharing their experiences, could you point me in the right direction? Thanks!

I have a 2012 GC 2400 Massey and I honestly didn't know Massey was as good a tractor as it is until buying one. I thought they were just average. After owning one and learning more about Iseki I realize they are comparable to Kubota. I know some may not agree but I think they are both very high quality Japanese tractor makers. I think the smaller models may still be made in Japan where it looks like the larger MFs are made in USA.. Very nice to see that ! I'm confident you won't be disappointed with a MF.. though I would be equally happy with a Bota!

Ha just realized I posted in a thread over a year old.. I was researching and ended up posting in the research thread I was reading from.. Lot of good info in this thread that someone new to MF was asking about in another thread.

/ Where are 1700 series made? #22  
My 1736 came out of S Korea. It's really an iseki with the newer Mitsubishi k-38 engine. If you order a backhoe it comes from there as well. USA tires on mine though

/ Where are 1700 series made? #23  
My 1736 came out of S Korea. It's really an iseki with the newer Mitsubishi k-38 engine. If you order a backhoe it comes from there as well. USA tires on mine though
No.... Iseki builds these in Japan. The loader is built by Alo-Quicke. The loader and backhoe units HAD been built in Iowa by Soo Manufacturing (Radius Steel) for the 12xx-16xx and other utility tractor lines, but I'm not sure if AGCO switched suppliers for the backhoe units as well.

Last edited:
   / Where are 1700 series made? #25  
I have a 1734e, it is built by iseki with a shibura engine, I haven't had any issues with it, have about two hundred or so hours on it.
The regen cycle happens fairly often on this model, it was originally supposed to have a manual regeneration button but that was eliminated on the production model. There does not seem to be any drop in performance when it regenerates, just the hassle of occasionally having to wait to shut it down until it finishes.
An earlier poster commented about the range selector, I have noticed the same issues as well. Mine is a hydrostatic transmission, I often have to let the clutch out and blip the hydrostatic pedal to get the gears to line up, minor problem just had to get used to it. It might be a lot more irritating on a gear tractor.
All and all I really like the tractor and it has done all that I have asked of it.

/ Where are 1700 series made? #26  
I have a 1734e, it is built by iseki with a shibura engine, I haven't had any issues with it, have about two hundred or so hours on it.
The regen cycle happens fairly often on this model, it was originally supposed to have a manual regeneration button but that was eliminated on the production model. There does not seem to be any drop in performance when it regenerates, just the hassle of occasionally having to wait to shut it down until it finishes.
An earlier poster commented about the range selector, I have noticed the same issues as well. Mine is a hydrostatic transmission, I often have to let the clutch out and blip the hydrostatic pedal to get the gears to line up, minor problem just had to get used to it. It might be a lot more irritating on a gear tractor.
All and all I really like the tractor and it has done all that I have asked of it.

Shibaura is a great engine also. Also Japanese.

/ Where are 1700 series made? #27  
Loving my 1758,, 18" yesterday

20161119_102834_resized.jpg

20161119_103438_resized.jpg

/ Where are 1700 series made? #28  
Have 160 hours on my 2013 1643 Hydro. Awesome tractor. I have QA for the loader. Right now we have forks on the front and forks on the 3pt. hitch, too, for doing firewood on pallets. With both ends carrying pallets, this tractor takes care of business quickly and efficiently.

So glad I bought a 1600 series before the regen stuff on the 1700s.