Where is Your Tractor Kept?

/ Where is Your Tractor Kept? #1  

majorwager

Veteran Member
Tractor
kubota mx 5100 IH 484 ford 1620 lull 844b
Not trying to redirect TRAFFIC, but question was posed on the ORANGE TRACTOR TALKS website, and it generated significant response.

For this Thread, if you care to share where your tractor "Lives", please do so. Attached house garage? Outbuilding/Pole Barn? Tractor Port?
Outdoors? An Additional Option?

/ Where is Your Tractor Kept? #2  
Currently resides in the barn. She is also draped in a couple old flannel sheets to keep dust and any potential bat waste from landing on her.:laughing: Some may say I might be "pampering" a piece of equipment...but then again, its not like she receives "turn down" service at night.

/ Where is Your Tractor Kept? #3  
I keep everything is the shop. The sun kills paint and interior. When you build a shop and someone tells you to build it bigger, do it. I致e outgrown mine.

Brett

Attachments

• 23BF6285-D8F3-4AAA-96F6-71B91C620959.jpeg
    23BF6285-D8F3-4AAA-96F6-71B91C620959.jpeg
    843.5 KB · Views: 307
  • BE0EF6C5-C27D-4A50-A0A5-1CEBF089B0C8.jpeg
    BE0EF6C5-C27D-4A50-A0A5-1CEBF089B0C8.jpeg
    952.4 KB · Views: 321
   / Where is Your Tractor Kept?
Rusty, that shop far too clean, organized and well lighted to resemble my own, very impressive!!

DeerSlayer, not to over emphasize, but would "turn down" service really be considered unreasonable? Use tyveck dropcloths in my building, seems I unintentionally share space w/ too many birds, unfamiliar w/ the concept known as "house broken"

EDIT: UV rays deteriorate tires!

/ Where is Your Tractor Kept? #6  
I keep them under a metal carport cover. It protects them (& me) from rain, snow & uv, but not temperatures. I can only dream about an big enclosed work shop building here. The carport cover has to double as my fair weather work shop.100_3481.JPG

/ Where is Your Tractor Kept? #7  
I keep the goodies in a packed Steelmaster shed. They really get us on property tax so we don't over-build.

/ Where is Your Tractor Kept? #8  
Outside where she's been since 1947.

**** few parts on her less then 30 years old that I know of.

/ Where is Your Tractor Kept? #9  
Mine stays inside. The roof leaks and it’s not insulated and I wash the tractor about twice a year. I don’t care about any of that. Sunlight kills equipment.

/ Where is Your Tractor Kept? #10  
This was the sleeping quarters for all my equipment. I have moved and now only the seeder, baler and tractor are under cover. Give me a year or two and it'll all be covered again.:thumbsup:

20170429_105738.jpg

20170429_120110.jpg