Where is your utopia

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Where is your utopia
I looked in the Blufton SC area last week as well. Strange little town. The housing dynamics go from a double wide with a plastic pool in the front yard... to a brand new 300 home subdivision right behind it. The developers are slamming 4-600K homes in as fast as they can there. It almost feels like they are trying to get out before the bubble breaks again. ..Who knows. But that type of living..5K sf lot with a 3K sf house on it and a neighbor 15 feet on either side is not for me.

/ Where is your utopia #32  
We looked around Beaufort and South Carolina low country 8 years ago. Crazy development and growing population. How many people are left up North? :D Anyway... check out this website, you can search it for VA and I think other states. It's how we found our property. lands of america - Google Search

/ Where is your utopia
We looked around Beaufort and South Carolina low country 8 years ago. Crazy development and growing population. How many people are left up North? :D Anyway... check out this website, you can search it for VA and I think other states. It's how we found our property. lands of america - Google Search

VA is too Purple for me...and too cold in the winter.

/ Where is your utopia #34  
I was so lucky traveling a lot with parents and grandparents (lived next door) all over US, Canada, Mexico in late 50s to late 60s. The states were all unique and interesting.
What gets us now is you have the locals like us living here for years but the ones moving in don't acclimate. So one neighbor got the $#%% out of NYC but brought NYC with them! People leave places to get away from the crime, antifa, taxes, etc only to turn the new area into the shirthole they left from.
Years ago land could be bought for, say, $1K/acre. Then people move from an expensive place, pay $50k for an acre lot, build a $500-$600k house on it (peanuts from where they were from). Then the local who had, say, 50 acres their property taxes skyrocket. Then they want to "upgrade" schools not satisfied with existing school so again locals get screwed with taxes.
Years ago people all over the world were happy with their unique culture, now it's homogeneous.
I certainly don't want to shut this down getting political, it's just a shame when people move they don't acclimate becoming like the locals and their way of life.

/ Where is your utopia #35  
Lol.

We be red in the country. Like all places ....pockets of politics.

We had no snow last winter...and I cannot recall sub zero weather. Could be an anomaly.
VA is too Purple for me...and too cold in the winter.

/ Where is your utopia #36  
   / Where is your utopia #39  
Hmmm... what about another country?

Here is my short list:

SW Virginia - Anywhere
Carolina's - Charlotte, Charleston
Colorado - Boulder
Australia - Melbourne
Virgin Islands - Anywhere, well...St. John

LOL.

/ Where is your utopia #40  
Hmmm... what about another country?

Here is my short list:

SW Virginia - Anywhere
Carolina's - Charlotte, Charleston
Colorado - Boulder
Australia - Melbourne
Virgin Islands - Anywhere, well...St. John

LOL.

I really liked Switzerland and New Zealand when I visited there. There are a lot of other countries that I've been to that I enjoyed, but doubt that I would be happy living there. Biggest issue for me with moving to another country would be learning the language if it wasn't English.

Status
Not open for further replies.