Where is your utopia

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Where is your utopia #41  
Lol.

We be red in the country. Like all places ....pockets of politics.

We had no snow last winter...and I cannot recall sub zero weather. Could be an anomaly.

I've lived in Northern Virginia since 1978. It does get COLD, but rarely, I think the record low at Dulles was 18 BELOW. It does snow, sometimes HEAVY, I've seen a couple of snowfalls of 2 feet.

OP for temps and snowfall you need to check NWS, such as IAD Normals, Means, and Extremes . And remember the climate is getting warmer in most places on the East coast.

/ Where is your utopia #42  
Been in the Green Mountain state for 35 years, my parents, both 97 yo live down the road and my daughter and grandson next town over.
We live on 50 acres of forest land with no neighbors within 1/4 mile. It is paradise as far as we are concerned.
We like winter and as the climate continues to change winter gets shorter and spring gets longer, heck soon it will be like North Carolina here weatherwise.:D

/ Where is your utopia #44  
Northern Italy
I want to farm in the valleys of the Alps and spend the rest of my life touring the rest of the Italian coasts & countryside

/ Where is your utopia #45  
I really liked Switzerland and New Zealand when I visited there. There are a lot of other countries that I've been to that I enjoyed, but doubt that I would be happy living there. Biggest issue for me with moving to another country would be learning the language if it wasn't English.

I feel this way too if I were to get stuck in Austria I would get along just fine.

Like everywhere things are a changing...

I use to ask friends living generations on the same property if they ever lock the doors and many said they wouldn't know where to find the key...

/ Where is your utopia #46  
St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands. One of the most beautiful places I have ever been. Thought I would like to retire there, until we spent a week on the Island. Beauty is about all it has to offer. My suggestion...spend a week where ever you think you might like to retire.

DSC00001.JPG

/ Where is your utopia #47  
I spent the first 30 years of my life scheming to get out of Michigan; the state could do no right and I could do no wrong if I could just convince my wife to pack up and move. Had good job opportunities present themselves in Georgia, Wyoming, Ohio, Nevada, Utah, & Wisconsin over the years, but the Mrs. would always get cold feet about living so far from family and we'd back out.

In hindsight, I cannot imagine leaving Michigan now: Taxes are bearable, 4 decent seasons, great hunting + fishing, 4 awesome great lakes, and if you stay away from the bigger cities (e.g. Detroit, Flint, Lansing, and Grand Rapids), the rest of the state is quite rural. Also, it gets prettier the farther you drive north. I guess you could say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, or contentment is a state of mind, but I imagine we'll stick around in the great lakes state.

/ Where is your utopia #48  
I am glad you asked, Mine is in one of the two states Rio Gande do Sul or Santa Catarina in South Brazil. I will be retiring there at the age of 54....my wife was born in Rio Grande Do Sul. I could go on and on about why but the wikis will explan most of it. I have been there 4 times...my eye is on the island of Florianapolis. Its safe the climate is great-can even grow lemon and lime and its a great place to be on a meager 30k a year salary....can even have a maid. Santa Catarina is where they manufacture Massey tractors and Rio Grand Do Sul is where the top models like Gizelle(tom Bradys Wife) come from.

I call them Utopias because in my mind they are the perfect place to grow old and be burried...but who knows...I could end up hating it after a while. Its something I live for now.

Santa Catarina (state) - Wikipedia or Rio Grande do Sul - Wikipedia

/ Where is your utopia #49  
I am glad you asked, Mine is in one of the two states Rio Gande do Sul or Santa Catarina in South Brazil. I will be retiring there at the age of 54....my wife was born in Rio Grande Do Sul. I could go on and on about why but the wikis will explan most of it. I have been there 4 times...my eye is on the island of Florianapolis. Its safe the climate is great-can even grow lemon and lime and its a great place to be on a meager 30k a year salary....can even have a maid. Santa Catarina is where they manufacture Massey tractors and Rio Grand Do Sul is where the top models like Gizelle(tom Bradys Wife) come from.

I call them Utopias because in my mind they are the perfect place to grow old and be burried...but who knows...I could end up hating it after a while. Its something I live for now.

Santa Catarina (state) - Wikipedia or Rio Grande do Sul - Wikipedia

I don't need another tractor, but it sure would be sweet to find a Gisele Bundchen look alike.

/ Where is your utopia #50  
Bugtussle AR. Good enough for the Clampetts...good enough for me. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.