Where to look for reviews for the Best Dishwasher?

/ Where to look for reviews for the Best Dishwasher? #41  
This is pretty much how I feel right now. Because of so many recommendations for Bosch, that's where I'm leaning right now. Some of the reviews say that the 300 series Bosch is the top one to get, but the people on the Lowes website reviews hated it. The 800 series seems to be where all the positive reviews are on Lowes.com. I was in Home Depot today and looked at what they have. I wasn't impressed. But the more I look, the more I hate dishwashers. They all seem flimsy, plastic, with too many buttons to go wrong.

Yep, and all the flimsy parts will nickel and dime you if they need to be replaced. I had started replacing rack parts (they get brittle and then break) on our last unit, $25 here, $40 there, getting original parts at a discount on eBay or other third party sellers. But then a major rack part broke that distributed water to the sprayers, and that was going to be $270 (for flimsy plastic!). That's were I drew the line. It had still been working good but I couldn't see putting $250 into a 6 year old unit when we could buy new for about $750 and start the clock over again. I did pick a new one that had more metal parts instead of the plastic stuff that had kept breaking.

15-20 years ago I think Bosch was really out in front with quiet reliable units. But I think they declined a bit, and most of the other brands are super quiet now too. Bosch still has a good reputation though.

/ Where to look for reviews for the Best Dishwasher? #42  
Consumer Reports Top 10 24" Dishwashers:
1. Bosch
2. Bosch
3. Bosch
4. Bosch
5. Bosch
6. Bosch
7. Bosch
8. Bosch
9. Thermador (big bucks)
10. Thermador (more big bucks)

I replaced my dishwasher 2 years ago with a Bosch Ascenta. Was around $350 on sale, regular $450. Its currently CU's #2. #1 is a similar model in stainless for a couple hundred more. Mine is very quiet, cleans great. No complaints.

/ Where to look for reviews for the Best Dishwasher? #43  
https://www.costco.com/concierge-two...-warranty.html

I bought a on sale Whirlpool from Costco with the above 4 year warranty. Their price beat the box stores, they delivered and installed the new dishwasher and took away the old one.

Most products don't seem to last just get the best warranty.

/ Where to look for reviews for the Best Dishwasher? #44  
. . .My thought is that the review sites that I'm reading are all the same. Reading a lot of reviews, I'm also seeing that they are the exact same review as I saw on another review site.

Is there a website that has good, reliable reviews of what the better brands and models are?

Everything is on sale right now, so we're wanting to buy as soon as we can find something that we feel will last longer then our last one did.

I too, have wasted a lot of time trying to scope out on-line reviews. Some, like "The Best 20 Widgets for 2020", read so much like advertising copy that I suspect they are paid adds. Many laudatory comments are worthless e.g. "I love my new Widget. I haven't plugged it in yet, but it was delivered when they said it would, and the paint is shiny." OTOH The negative reviews often sound like the reviewer has an axe to grind--exactly the same verbiage on several different sites--or the reviewer is a salesman out to badmouth the competition.

In my opinion the comments you (the OP) elicit on this forum are more likely to be unbiased, honest, and intended to be helpful. Combine them with the recommendations of an appliance store that has been in business for more than one generation and the BS detector you have built up through experience and you should do OK. The only thing certain when buying a new appliance is that it will not be as well made as the appliance it replaces.

/ Where to look for reviews for the Best Dishwasher? #45  
LG for us.
never looked back.

dont forget to clean out the filter on any of the brands

/ Where to look for reviews for the Best Dishwasher? #46  
... But the more I look, the more I hate dishwashers. They all seem flimsy, plastic, with too many buttons to go wrong.

AMEN! :laughing:

That's why we bought the cheaper one this time; past experience says THEY ALL DIE!!! :laughing:

There was one in this house when we bought it around 1995. It died shortly after.
We bought another one from Wards. It died in 10 years. 2005.
We bought a Whirlpool from somewhere. $350. It died in 10 years. 2015.
Went without a dishwasher for 4 years. Wasn't bad as the last kid left for college and wife and I don't generate many dishes.
We bought this Bosch for $450 last year.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Bosch-Asce...24-in-Actual-23-625-in-ENERGY-STAR/1000447453
Despite all the settings, I just leave it on HEAVY and SANITIZE all the time. If it gets full, before I go to bed I toss in a Finish Powerball, push ON and START.

Bosch recommends Finish detergent and Finish Jet-Dry, so that's what we use. Seems to work fine. Uses a lot of Jet-Dry, but the dishes are spotless.

Anyhow, if you buy one for $450 and it lasts 10 years at, say, 4 loads a week, that's

4 x 52 = 208 loads per year.
208 loads x 10 years = 2080 loads in its lifetime.
Dollars per load
$450 / 2080 = 0.216 per load. Call it a quarter. ;)

/ Where to look for reviews for the Best Dishwasher? #47  
Consumer Reports Top 10 24" Dishwashers:
1. Bosch
2. Bosch
3. Bosch
4. Bosch
5. Bosch
6. Bosch
7. Bosch
8. Bosch
9. Thermador (big bucks)
10. Thermador (more big bucks)

I replaced my dishwasher 2 years ago with a Bosch Ascenta. Was around $350 on sale, regular $450. Its currently CU's #2. #1 is a similar model in stainless for a couple hundred more. Mine is very quiet, cleans great. No complaints.

That's the same one we have. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

/ Where to look for reviews for the Best Dishwasher? #48  
I didn't read through all the threads but we have a Bosch dishwasher. Loved it so much that when we moved and turned our old house into a rental because the market crashed, I swapped the 'new' dishwasher at our new place with the Bosch which was a couple years old then. Now 15 years later, never an issue and still can't tell it is running unless I get my ear fairly close. Can't recommend any stronger.

Hoping my little 4gal Bosch water heater does half as well that I am installing in my shop along with a sink. The dog house is getting cozier! :D

/ Where to look for reviews for the Best Dishwasher? #49  
Bosch models must vary dramatically because because of the dozens of DW I have installed mine was the absolute worst !!!!:mad: Water and electric was hooked up in front water line ran through a cut out in base and 90 over across front any flex line I would use wood get tangled in the wheels when it was pulled out and the electric 90 over and was hard wired .:confused2: I dreaded pulling that thing out the 10 or so times it came out over its life. The new Asko I bought has it's own pex line and 3 prong elec line , easy peasy parchisi. :drink:

/ Where to look for reviews for the Best Dishwasher? #50  
Bosch models must vary dramatically because because of the dozens of DW I have installed mine was the absolute worst !!!!:mad: Water and electric was hooked up in front water line ran through a cut out in base and 90 over across front any flex line I would use wood get tangled in the wheels when it was pulled out and the electric 90 over and was hard wired .:confused2: I dreaded pulling that thing out the 10 or so times it came out over its life. The new Asko I bought has it's own pex line and 3 prong elec line , easy peasy parchisi. :drink:
Nope... just yours. :D