Where to look for reviews for the Best Dishwasher?

/ Where to look for reviews for the Best Dishwasher? #21  
Bosch

/ Where to look for reviews for the Best Dishwasher? #22  
I vote for Bosch also. We have had ours 6 or 7 years with no problems. And it is so quiet that the only way to know it's on is that it has a small red light it projects on the floor when it's on. And it cleans the dishes very well. And we put plastic dishes in it at any level and the do not melt.

My wife really likes the small top tray that is for putting utensils. It has the bottom tray for plates and pots, the middle tray for cups, and the top tray for forks and spoons. All get completely clean every time.

Agree - Bosch is one of the best - we have the same small top tray and this frees up the bottom rack for plates. Very good quiet machine. But we have HW floors and if leaks occur I want to know so we installed this pan https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbil...dd&gclid=CN_Qn8ycvOkCFcvwswodCd0MhA&gclsrc=ds - you can barely see this in the front of the DW and so far haven't had any use for it and hope not too!

/ Where to look for reviews for the Best Dishwasher? #23  
Miele here. Very quiet, does a good job overall. The main level rack has a bit of an odd setup in that it works great for plates, but bowls don't sit really well. Other than that, quite happy with it. About 5 yrs now. And yes we have a softener too. Very important with our hard water.

I've heard everything from good to bad about every brand out there. I know people who hate LG and people who love it, for example. All depends on your individual experience...

/ Where to look for reviews for the Best Dishwasher? #24  
We had a Samsung that never worked right the day we put it in. Samsung sent someone out 4 times to fix it. The put a new pump on one time and not sure what else. The last time the 途epair man came out he said he couldn稚 fix it. It took Samsung 5 months to give us our money back.

We now have a whirlpool and have had no problems with it. We have seven kids and me and my wife. It runs all the time and it痴 very quite.

/ Where to look for reviews for the Best Dishwasher? #25  
I've had good luck with Consumer Reports for product reviews. You can get an online subscription for $10/month or $40/year. I let my subscription end, but I would sign up again, if I was in the market for a car or appliance.

Product Reviews and Ratings - Consumer Reports

/ Where to look for reviews for the Best Dishwasher? #26  
Bought my Bosch in 99 buy far the worst appliance I have ever owner . Very quiet . But thank god sears gave me a extended warrenty with it the service guys knew me buy first name after a while the soap thing and mother broke so many times he wood just keep them in stock for me . After replaceing the pump and motor for the third time I just bought a Asko they had on sale for 300$ off . I demoed a house a few years ago and it had a Asko in it and I realy liked the build quality compared to the bosch. All metal baskets instead of plastic . Roller bearings on slides . Has some sort of drying system supposed to be better than any other . Who knows i'll give it a shot .Meilie and Asko are probably the 2 top dishwashers out there but there were no sales on meilie . No more bosch for me except hammer drills and jig saws.:drink:

/ Where to look for reviews for the Best Dishwasher? #27  
Have (had) 2 Bosch Dishwashers both 2002 models. One failed (Motherboard or circuit board) at 14 years old and Part was no longer available, otherwise excellent. Replaced with Whirlpool from Costco. It’s been an awful dishwasher. The other Bosch still going strong at 18 years old.

/ Where to look for reviews for the Best Dishwasher? #28  
7 years ago we redid our house and I bought new mid range Bosch appliances; oven, clothes washer, clothes dryer. They all are terrible and inconsistent in doing their jobs, I will never buy another Bosch item again. My neighbor bought a Bosch dishwasher at about the same time. It lasted one day, service said it was going to take at least 3-4 weeks to get the part, he told them to remove it. At the same time we bought the Fisher Paykel dish drawer dishwasher. No issues so far, quiet, cleans well, but long run times and a bit expensive.

/ Where to look for reviews for the Best Dishwasher? #29  
Bosch since 2000, and it gets used pretty much daily with kids and grandkids around. Only problem is you can't read which wash cyle you're using because the writing has long since worn off the buttons.

/ Where to look for reviews for the Best Dishwasher? #30  
Hi Eddie,

Sounds like we have similar model and age Kitchen Aid dishwashers.

I don't have a good recommendation for online appliance reviews. Most of it seems to be junk. By far the best commentary I have seen is the response to your request. The TBNer's are a helpful bunch.

I think Moss may be on to something with the water softener issue. We don't have one but our public water is very good. Our Kitchen Aid has run quiet and cleans well. I do attribute part of the cleaning success to having our water heater set at 130 degrees. I know that is higher than recommended but we don't have any small children in the house (so we aren't worried about burn issues until we get much older.).

Would I buy another Kitchen Aid? No. It is just a fancy, up-priced Whirlpool. I had an initial warranty issue on stove which they told us to go pound sand. (The retailer made it good but Kitchen Aid was practically rude when we called.). And we have had what I suspect is the same water leak you just experienced. The part design and part availability from Whirlpool tells me they look at parts as a major profit center. Basically a seal and shaft failed but Whirlpool only sells those as components of an entire assembly. And the parts are cheap, not inexpensive, cheap plastic. I have fixed mine but I expect it to fail again in five years. I also had the upper rack stops fail. The first replacements failed as badly as the first and we lived with them. While researching my leak problem, I noticed then had changed the design. The new design seems to be much better. I also just replaced the rollers on the upper rack. Again, Whirlpool doesn't offer just the rollers. I had to buy new Whirlpool entire assemblies. They weren't hard to replace but they don't look as nice the original units.

I do wonder if you fixed all your problem is you spent just $8. Am I correct that you replaced just the seal on the diverter valve shaft? (Back t omg Whirpol complaint, they want to sell an entire $50 or so assembly just so I could get the seal.) While replacing the seal, I noticed the cheap plastic shaft on the diverter valve had worn and was crooked. While it felt like the seal would do the trick, the bent shaft concerned me so I dropped the extra $40 to get the entire diverter valve assembly. (This is part of why I don't like Whirlpool, Those parts should have been offered together and ideally as parts, not part of assemblies.)

Good luck on your search. Bosch sounds promising as a dishwasher. I would definitely check your water hardness as that may contribute to part of your problem.