Where would you put a tool box? (1705)

/ Where would you put a tool box? (1705) #31  
Wanted to add another option for a bit of sealed storage......
I noticed the "cannisters" on my post hole digger and bush hog for storing manuals....turns out you can just buy them in several sizes and they are pretty inexpensive:

Manual Canisters, Manual Holders, Tool Tube, Operators Manual Case

I think I'll be mounting a couple to my ROPS above the turn signal lights.

/ Where would you put a tool box? (1705)
OK sitting still but those tools will fly all over the landscape in the active tractor usage I see.

Yesterday I went in the woods and moved a top dirt pile to the end of the driveway. Tillled the garden. Spread stone on the driveway. I lost zero tools. If your a sensible person when operating then you should never lose a tool. IF your in high gear going over bumps then yea you might lose a tool but during normal operation you should not lose any

/ Where would you put a tool box? (1705) #35  
Edwardian,

I see you're in Indiana. Is that the flat part of the state? Is the pouch fixed in place or can it swivel?

/ Where would you put a tool box? (1705)
Flat lander here and the pouch is zipped to the ROPS and light bracket. It does not move. The only way a tool would fly out is if you were neglecting your own body and trying to throw yourself off the machine

Edwardian,

I see you're in Indiana. Is that the flat part of the state? Is the pouch fixed in place or can it swivel?

/ Where would you put a tool box? (1705) #37  
Anyone every try and mount something to the existing holes on the loader bracket if you have it? Maybe some through bolts with a strip of plate or washers into whatever you wish to mount? I was thinking about mounting a .30 cal ammo can I have in that location.

I would put a fender washer between the side of the can and bracket so the lid opens easily and plate in the inside a bit for rigidity.

This is where I mean. -expand pic to see the arrows
Massey_Ferguson_GC1720_Tractor_-_Orefield__Pennsylvania___Machinery_Pete.jpg

Also, this is what my .30 cal box looks like. I could go .50 cal for a little more space width-wise but I don't think I'll need to.
61uPMv1HoLL._SX425_.jpg

Thoughts?
Any reason why this is a BAD idea? Are those holes for something else?

I'll try and upload a bad photoshop of what I mean.

Last edited:
   / Where would you put a tool box? (1705) #38  
It would look like this when done.

modded.png

/ Where would you put a tool box? (1705) #39  
I don't see any reason why not, I'd like to see it finished, might want to do mine.

/ Where would you put a tool box? (1705) #40  
I didn't think how I was going to open through very much. I think the lid will contact the loader bracketry. Another type of box would be fine, but ammo cans have long lids. I may be able to angle it away or space it out far from the point of interference. I might try to do this tonight.