Which deere or is it dear

/ Which deere or is it dear #1  

Phillip w

Platinum Member
Tractor
allis Chalmers 185 and massey ferguson 1531
Been studying these jd tractors. Wife is going to keep me at bay a little. I'm ready to throw the little 1025r under the bus.just don't seem to be enough tractor for me.(it is an oversized go-cart). That being said, I'm looking at 3025 and a 3032. My attachment will fit those two tractors. The 3032 had that tier 4 emissions bull crap. Can any one share their experiences good or bad about these two models. Also, as much digging as I used to do, I'm considering a backhoe. John Deere is way too high on a hoe. Any one have a Titan or woods hoe. What can you tell me about them. If I spend too much I may gain a deere and loose a deere(lol)

/ Which deere or is it dear #2  
I test drove a 3 series a couple of years ago, for me it’s a weird size tractor, seems narrow for some reason. Coming out of your 1734 or whatever it is, the 1 and 2 series are going to be to small, go right up to the 4 series, you know you want one..

/ Which deere or is it dear #3  
I'm ready to throw the little 1025r under the bus.

I know that you are very critical of your MF 1531. Since there are now two tractors you greatly dislike, I'd suggest a good tryout at your property with any future purchase you consider. Tractor ownership should be fun and productive. Sounds like the fun part on your end isn't happening. I hope you find the right machine that you can be proud to own and be productive with!

/ Which deere or is it dear #4  
I really don't know what you are trying to accomplish with a tractor in the first place.. 1731 to a 1 series is a stretch, Have your needs changed from when you bought your 1731? The 1025R is NOT an oversized golf cart, it's a very useful machine for a lotta people including myself. Seems to me you need to figure out what you will need a tractor for before you buy this time otherwise you wont be happy AGAIN..

/ Which deere or is it dear
I sold the farm and I'm retiring. Basically I need an oversized lawnmower with extra. Dealer at least seems to be honest and up front. He flat told me that the 1025 won't pull a five foot brush hog and the loader won't lift very much. As much "playing in the dirt" as I do, I thought I would try to get a hoe. In theory this would take a lot of pressure off the front end. I'm convinced these little tractors aren't made for a lot of loader work. If I go with the 3025 or bigger, I got everything I need but the hoe. Jd is trying to gouge me on a hoe. That is pretty normal for jd. I'm considering getting an after market hoe. Other that that. I just want something to putter and and tinker with. However, my putter and tinkering might be the equivalent of everyone else's "working the daylights out of a tractor. I pretty gun shy of this tier 4 emissions stuff, but to get the bigger tractors you stuck with this tier 4 emissions stuff.

/ Which deere or is it dear #6  
Did you look at the 2 series with a hoe, that might the route for you. The 3 with a hoe isn't cheap that's for sure.. The 2 series will pull a 5ft bush hog, my GC runs one with no problems cutting weeds and small brush..

It really depends on what you are planning to lift with it on a regular basis, you had issues with front end parts on your MF for some reason, buying a backhoe because it's good counter weight is crazy if your not going to use it often..

What are you lifting, that will answer your question as to what size tractor to buy..

/ Which deere or is it dear
Did you look at the 2 series with a hoe, that might the route for you. The 3 with a hoe isn't cheap that's for sure.. The 2 series will pull a 5ft bush hog, my GC runs one with no problems cutting weeds and small brush..

It really depends on what you are planning to lift with it on a regular basis, you had issues with front end parts on your MF for some reason, buying a backhoe because it's good counter weight is crazy if your not going to use it often..

What are you lifting, that will answer your question as to what size tractor to buy..
Oh, I'd like something that will lift a thousand pounds give or take. I dug a lot with the little Massey. I think it was all the digging, which agco kind of confirmed, kept trainwrecking the front end. Thus, the idea of the hoe. The little Massey just couldn't handle digging a 3-4 foot trench in my opinion. The allis could, but I sold the allis.

/ Which deere or is it dear #8  
For the price of a new tractor... Buy a used backhoe. Digging is not the use for a tractor FEL. Even, A 3 point BH is hard on a tractor. I bought a JD 310C and am really pleased with its capabilities. Used it to lift and move a 3500# ecoblock. Something even my JD 5200 could not do.

/ Which deere or is it dear #9  
For the price of a new tractor... Buy a used backhoe. Digging is not the use for a tractor FEL. Even, A 3 point BH is hard on a tractor. I bought a JD 310C and am really pleased with its capabilities. Used it to lift and move a 3500# ecoblock. Something even my JD 5200 could not do.

Very good points.. They will dig but they are made for material handling for the most part.

/ Which deere or is it dear #10  
I had a JD 3038e if you are wanting to play in the dirt I would suggest something else, the E series is weak when It comes to power. Had a 14ft aluminum Jon Boat, no motor on an aluminum trailer with 2 flat tires wanted it out of my backyard and over by my barn to be able to cut the grass. I used the pallet forks to try and pick up the Jon boat and trailer, couldn't pick it up 2inches off the ground. I got stuck going thru muddy drainage ditch, in past experiences I've used the FEL with my other tractors to help back myself out. The E series according to the local JD dealership has a safety release valve that if to much hydraulic pressure gets built up on the FEL it "breaks" or causes bucket to go "limp" and you have to rock the buckets joystick controls side to side to get it to lock back in, this is to keep from blowing a hydraulic hose per dealer.