Which new tires?

/ Which new tires? #21  
I wouldn't get rid of that truck if I were you!!! That's a good engine and you won't have one wear tires that long again. It must just be just right how it's made and setup.

I live in New England the salt capital of the world, so rust is the issue up here. That's why it needs to be replaced.

/ Which new tires? #22  
Would highly recommend looking at coopers at3. Had a set on my duramax plow truck and preformed amazing. Didn't have a problem with noise either. They are some truly aggressive tires and didn't get a bunch of noise. I put on 285/75 because they put my truck up higher and they rubbed the plastic on the bumper a tad if you cranked hard one way

/ Which new tires? #23  
I live in New England the salt capital of the world, so rust is the issue up here. That's why it needs to be replaced.

That's truly sad :-( I see so many vehicles that I don't think look that old and have rust coming through the paint from the inside of the fenders.

/ Which new tires? #24  
On my 3rd set of Coopers and they do okay for the money. The set I'm on now were a proprietary model for Tire Kingdom. Previous Discoverers would get noisy and loose wet grip to the point I would change them around 30K. This set started out with less wet traction when new but got better with age for some reason. They are now getting noisy to the point of wondering if my wheel bearings are going but I checked and they were not. I'm not the best at having them rotated even though that is free where I buy them. Next time I may spring for the big bucks and get a set of Michelins.

/ Which new tires? #25  
That's truly sad :-( I see so many vehicles that I don't think look that old and have rust coming through the paint from the inside of the fenders.

I see that a LOT here in mid-Michigan....have seen hundreds of GM trucks the same age as my Y2K GMC that have severe rust thru on the lower bodysides and a rusted thru tailgate on the pickups. I wonder just how much of it is due to failure to keep the salt off or the paint waxed, or both.

/ Which new tires? #26  
Living in central California down in the valley, we never see this(rust).

Isn't there a better alternative to salt for the roads? Seems like it would rust cars, and damage roadside streams. Seems like the EPA would be all over that...

I don't know what they use over the passes here(Donner on I80 or Echo on US50). Salt certianly would not keep Lake Tahoe blue...

I see that a LOT here in mid-Michigan....have seen hundreds of GM trucks the same age as my Y2K GMC that have severe rust thru on the lower bodysides and a rusted thru tailgate on the pickups. I wonder just how much of it is due to failure to keep the salt off or the paint waxed, or both.

/ Which new tires? #27  
I run Duratracs. But, they are not quiet, and the softer compound does not make a high mile tire.. Sure works good out huntin and pulling the 5th wheel.

/ Which new tires? #28  
Living in central California down in the valley, we never see this(rust).

Isn't there a better alternative to salt for the roads? Seems like it would rust cars, and damage roadside streams. Seems like the EPA would be all over that...

I don't know what they use over the passes here(Donner on I80 or Echo on US50). Salt certianly would not keep Lake Tahoe blue...
I think alot of the reasons for salt usage is the prices. Going through a hundred tons a town and a few hundred a city (have family that works for Grand rapids) adds up fast and im sure that trying to get more funds for these small towns ain't too easy anymore

/ Which new tires? #29  
Getting a set of Nitto Terra Grapplers G2 tomorrow. Looking forward to see how they perform.