/ Which stabilizer bar? #1  

petebert

Silver Member
Tractor
Here's my setup

xtat2Ae.jpg

Lots of attachment options underneath

5z9jg3N.jpg

If you google Ford 3600 stabilizer bar you see a ton of these.

D9NN-B856AA.jpg

You can buy those individually for $40-60 or they come as a kit with an angled bracket designated LH/RH for around $100. I don't think I need the bracket because the bottom of my axle has all those holes already.

In this guys video he's using one of these bars and I'm guessing drilled a hole in the lift arm. Would using the existing lift arm bolt work? That guy also mentions the importance of the stabilizer bar and lift arm pivot points being lined up. The preexisting holes in my tractor line up vertically but none seem to line up laterally.

NgxFQ69.jpg

Here's one hooked up to the lift arm bolt

3599.jpg

And here's one using the angled brackets and a drilled hole in the lift arm.

3756.jpg

/ Which stabilizer bar? #2  
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegI don't if these would work. I got them fromTSC, thenI welded the metal on the side because I think they might bend if I was pushing hard.

/ Which stabilizer bar? #3  
I've been trying to develop something similar for my 3000 and I can say this much - the connection point of the stabilizers have to exactly match the connection point of the lift arm. If not it will tighten when going up or down depending on the connection point difference. So far with my R&D (research and design :)) product it only tightens up about a quarter of an inch. Still too much if all the sway needs to be taken out. Instead of drilling a hole in the lift arm (weakening it) I am working on some sort of clamp that bolts on with grade 2 bolts so that if excessive pressure is applied it will sheer instead of ripping and bending metal! I'm still in the process of R&D so the clamps have not been made yet.

Btw, if you accidentally snap one of those lift arm pins that bolts on inside the rear end it's a pain to replace. I broke one several years ago with improperly mounted sway control bars....