Which tools for tractor toolbox?

/ Which tools for tractor toolbox? #11  
Roll of paper towels. Thank God - my OEM tool box is just big enough. Nature often calls when I'm on the back side of the 80. No large leaves or moss around these parts. AND pine needles just don't cut it.
I often wondered your age with some of your stories.

/ Which tools for tractor toolbox?
Good stuff guys....! I got all the tools, just gotta put 'em together....

/ Which tools for tractor toolbox? #13  
What??? Paper towels??? Ya'll must have iron butts!

My excuse is a 1/2 roll of toilet paper takes less room in the toolbox!

/ Which tools for tractor toolbox? #14  
I must be a minimalist. I have a clevis, a pair of gloves and a couple of spare pins. Contemplating throwing in an 8" pair of Channellocks.

/ Which tools for tractor toolbox? #15  
Adjustable end wrench, fencing pliers, roll of "mechanics" wire, some extra lynch pins & hair pin clips, band aids, paper towels.... Couple of clean rags (stored in ZipLock bag) for things to big for band aid...

Hmmm... A pair of channel locks might be good add....

Last edited:
   / Which tools for tractor toolbox? #16  
We keep a 15" adjustable wrench on every tractor. Hammer, punch, channel locks, Lynch pins, top link pins, pin for trailer hitch, 7/8" shackle to pull and be pulled. Couple of chains handy, usually in the belly pans.

/ Which tools for tractor toolbox? #18  
Mice crap, a bunch of striped bolts and nuts that don't fit anything. Some bent pins and broken cotter keys, and hitch pins that are just slightly larger than the holes you need to put them in. Nearly empty can of wd-40 missing the spray button. One screw driver that is the opposite orientation that you need........

Oh you didn't ask what was in mine!!

Big hammer and paper towels (everything I work on is greasy and needs to be hit with a hammer. Open end wrenches to bled off the damn hydraulic pressure so you can get the quick connects to work, a crescent wrench to hold the other side. Vice grips to replace broken levers or whatever. Nice assortment of pins, and many of the things mentioned above. Hope it is a 50 cal:)

Best,

ed

/ Which tools for tractor toolbox? #19  
I have spare pins, a short rope, a strap, crescent wrench, vise grip, small pruning shear. scrench and one wedge.
Gloves, shear bolt. Add stuff based on implement or job. Sometimes safety glasses.
I usually carry a longer strap in my BH bucket with some shackles.

/ Which tools for tractor toolbox? #20  
Mostly pull pins and a pair of small Channel locks. Each of my implements has it's own tool box and most will have shear bolts and a grease gun (full) in them as well. My mower toolbox also has the NH 'widespread' kit in it with the appropriate carriage bolts and wing nuts too. PTO covers also wind up in the tool box(s) when something is hitched to the drawbar that is PTO driven. Both mine have OEM tool boxes attached to the tractor frames...