which tractor

/ which tractor #1  

cardo

Tractor
none
my land is hilly , about 48 acres total ,some bushhogging and loader work. I don't need a narrow tractor, I was looking at the Mahindra 3535 and the 4010. I know the quality of the Kubota but they are a few thousand more for one of equal size. I would love the 4035 but my wife and bank account don't. any info?

/ which tractor #2  
How many acres do you plan to work with your tractor?

How hilly--a little or a lot? If a lot, then you need a tractor with a wide stance and low center of gravity to work safely on the hills.

What's your 5 year plan for your land? You should plan this out before you go tractor shopping. Start by figuring out the type and size of implements you'll need to do your plan. That will size your tractor. Then visit the local dealers and get some seat time on one or several tractors before buying.

Good luck.

/ which tractor #3  
A rule of thumb is 5 horse power at the PTO for each foot of rotary cutter. So, 30 horses at the PTO would match a 6 foot brush hog.

Also, in my experience with hilly terrain, I loaded the rear tires and installed rear 4" spacers on each side as well. Best $500.00 decision I made with my purchase of a tractor.

:2cents:

/ which tractor #4  
My land has a couple spots that have a fairly steep slope. Loaded rear tires make any trip - up/down - "feel" a lot safer.

/ which tractor #5  
TractorData.com Mahindra 3535 tractor information
TractorData.com Mahindra 4010 tractor information
TractorData.com Mahindra 4035 tractor information

fully synced power shuttle shift transmission
or
HST might be worth while

most likely would want "left and right" rear steering brake pedals. on opposite foot of of the gas/throttle pedal/hst pedal.
differential rear lock for rear wheels might be wanted.

R1 AG tires most likely wanted vs R4 industrial or turf tires.

48 acres, and you most likely have some dirt roads / driveway and/or gravel driveway to deal with on the property, so going to assume, needing for rear blade / box blade, land plane, and/or some other rakes, to help smooth out and maintain these roads. with that said you will most likely find...
TNT (top n tilt) for the 3pt hitch a worth while investment.

3rd function remote for rear of tractor, more so if going with TNT, or perhaps 3rd function for front end loader, for a grappel style bucket for the FEL

you may end up getting "chains" for rear tires to help with mud/snow/ice granted, 4x4 / MFWD can do a lot.

your notation of FEL (front end loader work) most likely will want a bolt on straight edge for front bucket, to smooth / back drag stuff out, then perhaps a tooth bar to help with digging with the FEL.

if option you may want to get the "larger" alternator for your tractor, to deal with any additional higher up front lights, and/or higher up on rear, rear lights. and/or for a cable winch

FEL with a bucket, and then backhoe, along with tractor are normally the TOP ticket items, and everything else can be had from third party vendors perhaps cheaper. for implements / attachments for the tractor. if ya going to get a backhoe, get it now, and see if you can get overall lower price going for you.

if you don't weld, then hooks for front bucket would be advised installed at dealership before it is delievered.

bush hogging (rotatory cutter) you may just get slim basics of a 3pt hitch (lower lift arms and top link) you may need to purchace sway bars/chains and/or check chains/bars. rotatory cutters can act like a "dog wagging its tail" were there rump moves along with there tail. 3pt hitches are great at pulling but not so much on side to side forces placed on them. without the sway/check bars/chains on.

telescopic 3pt hitch lower lift arms makes attaching to 3pt hitch stuff easier, same with pats easy hitch, and/or quick attach. anyone of them makes attaching to 3pt hitch stuff much easier!

===============
it is all in the little details err options. you get the basic tractor, but many of those little options makes life so much easier. but at same time can get rather costly.

some times going with a smaller tractor with all the little stuff, can pay off much, much more, vs a larger tractor with just the basics. smaller tractor may take a little extra time for some stuff, but can still get the job done.

/ which tractor #6  
I have both the little tractor and a larger one and I will take the larger any day of the week except when blowing snow , the little one with a heated cab will win every time . I have about 30 acres of fields I bush hog every year and the fields are not the smoothest in the world . I can mow twice as fast with the larger tractor and it doesn't shake your guts out doing it . Larger tires make for a much more comfortable ride for sure . I also have about 80 acres of woods and the 2650 would have some difficult times in some places , where the 5700 does not .