Which truck would you get?

/ Which truck would you get? #111  
I doubt you would notice much improvement at all with upgrading to disk brakes on the rear. They may run a little cooler if you are doing a lot of towing in the mountains.

/ Which truck would you get? #112  
I know you say you can't afford a new truck but it seems to me if you look at all the advantages of a new one over another truck that is used and you have no idea what problems it has or had or are looming in its future. Dealers are easy to work with now days and financing is reasonable now days, the difference just might fit into your budget. Ford upgraded their trucks in 09 and have taken towing seriously surely and newer F150 is worth looking into.

/ Which truck would you get?
I know you say you can't afford a new truck but it seems to me if you look at all the advantages of a new one over another truck that is used and you have no idea what problems it has or had or are looming in its future. Dealers are easy to work with now days and financing is reasonable now days, the difference just might fit into your budget. Ford upgraded their trucks in 09 and have taken towing seriously surely and newer F150 is worth looking into.

Very true, but being retired, fixed income, and the fact that my truck isn't REALLY broken keeps me from taking on a payment. Now if I were looking at serious work coming soon, I might trade it off for a new one, but I have decided my options are upgrade or swap with comperable $$$. Currently leaning a lot lore towards upgrade. we like the truck a lot, and I think before it gets to the point of requiring a new truck, we'd probably get rid of the trailer. I don't really want to do that either. I owe no money on truck or trailer, nor our car, we only have a home mortgage, and I wish I didn't have that.

I got this truck (actually the 2006 GMC was first) a few years before I was forced to retire, in '09, since I knew it was coming. Mandantory age thing. Kn owing I didn't want a payment going into retirement.

/ Which truck would you get? #114  
Very true, but being retired, fixed income, and the fact that my truck isn't REALLY broken keeps me from taking on a payment. Now if I were looking at serious work coming soon, I might trade it off for a new one, but I have decided my options are upgrade or swap with comperable $$$. Currently leaning a lot lore towards upgrade. we like the truck a lot, and I think before it gets to the point of requiring a new truck, we'd probably get rid of the trailer. I don't really want to do that either. I owe no money on truck or trailer, nor our car, we only have a home mortgage, and I wish I didn't have that.

I got this truck (actually the 2006 GMC was first) a few years before I was forced to retire, in '09, since I knew it was coming. Mandantory age thing. Kn owing I didn't want a payment going into retirement.

The Gen1 Tundra (and Sequoia) are great vehicles... But, having owned this and the newer Tundras with the 5.7... I can tell you that the Gen 2 is a totally different animal then what you are driving now.

Considering the money that you are thinking about putting into your current truck to upgrade it, a better option might be to sell your current truck ( you can probably get at least $15 K ) . Then, you can find a Gen 2 Tundra for around $20 K with about the same miles you have on yours now.

That will kill two birds with one stone: you'll have dramatically more power, a six speed trans, and better braking... Already built into the truck, ready to handle it.

I've owned both the new Double Cab and Crew max, the new double cab has about as much rear passenger space as your current double cab.

But if you can get away with just 5.5 feet of bed space, the backseat of the crew max is crazy huge. And, if you don't have to worry about transporting people back there, you can on bolt the rear seats in just a couple minutes, and enjoy all of that lockable interior space.