Who Broke The Bridge?

/ Who Broke The Bridge? #81  
On the Arkansas side of this bridge, I40 is mostly all elevated until it hits I55.. they have just rebuilt the entire road from this bridge to where I55 goes north from I40.

/ Who Broke The Bridge?
Apparently it's been there for at least two years:

"Arkansas Department of Transportation Director Lorie Tudor said the inspector was fired after drone video showed the crack o n the bridge spanning the Mississippi River in May 2019. Tudor said the crack was not noted by the inspector in his reports that fall or the following year.

“This is unacceptable," Tudor said at a news conference. The department did not immediately name the employee and said the incident is also being referred to federal investigators.

Arkansas’ DOT on Monday released an image and video from the drone, which showed the crack. The drone footage was taken by a consultant inspecting the bridge's cables."

Makes ya kinda wonder about the closure and any imminence of failure.

/ Who Broke The Bridge? #83  
Unfortunately for the fired inspector, he's going to be the example they set about thoroughness and the results when they discover that you are not doing an adequate job.

/ Who Broke The Bridge? #85  
Surprised they just didn’t throw him off the bridge. The question is should he have found it? They found it with a drone. Should he have used one or did he have one available? Seems like when this stuff happens there has to be a fall guy, and in this case it may or may not be justified.

/ Who Broke The Bridge? #86  
Why inspect bridges if they couldn't see that break?

/ Who Broke The Bridge? #87  
Surprised they just didn’t throw him off the bridge. The question is should he have found it? They found it with a drone. Should he have used one or did he have one available? Seems like when this stuff happens there has to be a fall guy, and in this case it may or may not be justified.

They went back and reviewed the drone footage the inspector viewed and clearly saw the crack before it fully broke. Inspector missed it twice.

/ Who Broke The Bridge?
They found it with a drone.
But they didn't. They reviewed the drone footage after the crack was found and the bridge closed.
They went back and reviewed the drone footage the inspector viewed and clearly saw the crack before it fully broke. Inspector missed it twice.
As I read the story, the footage was taken by another company inspecting a different portion of the bridge.

I don't know if the guy they canned inspected by drone or some other method.

/ Who Broke The Bridge? #89  
So what should they have done, promoted him?
My point was that his punishment will be excessive to send a mock message, regardless of the fact finding they do. Kinda like the shutting down of an entire country and now imaginary "science" that says it is safe to quit doing this or that.

Who knows what portion of the bridge he was tasked with inspecting. It is apparent that that no one person or company was responsible for inspecting the bridge 100% because they have mentioned other inspections on different portions of the bridge. He will most likely not be the last sacrificial lamb.

/ Who Broke The Bridge? #90  
My point was that his punishment will be excessive to send a mock message, regardless of the fact finding they do. Kinda like the shutting down of an entire country and now imaginary "science" that says it is safe to quit doing this or that.

Who knows what portion of the bridge he was tasked with inspecting. It is apparent that that no one person or company was responsible for inspecting the bridge 100% because they have mentioned other inspections on different portions of the bridge. He will most likely not be the last sacrificial lamb.
It's not very likely they fired him without determining his area of responsibility included the failed beam. Based on the info provided he should have been fired.