Who makes the repairs on your tractor?

/ Who makes the repairs on your tractor? #11  
9After 15 years with my B7800, I finally had to do my first repair. A leaking axle seal. I wouldn稚 worry about doing much repair. Tractors are very reliable.

/ Who makes the repairs on your tractor? #12  
I hate working on vehicles but I’ve never paid someone to work in a piece of equipment. I still do probably 80 percent of vehicle repairs but sometimes I don’t want to deal with it.

/ Who makes the repairs on your tractor? #13  
Bought both of my tractors used with no service history on either.
They have needed no repair as yet but if and when they do, I will consult my friend Steve, who knows all things mechanical, and see if he will fix it.
Otherwise I would have to see a dealer 20- 50 miles away.
I put on maybe 200 hrs/yr with snow removal my main activity.

/ Who makes the repairs on your tractor? #14  
Unless it very recent, tractors are simple and generally easy to repair compared to any vehicles less than 20’years old.

You should have shop and parts manuals and be aware some of the parts are a lot heavier but at least for me, I’m almost never satisfied with someone else’s work when I give it a close inspection. Doing it myself leave me only one person to blame if I don’t like the workmanship.

By the time I loaded it up, took it somewhere, brought it home, I might as well just do it myself anyway.

/ Who makes the repairs on your tractor? #15  
I do my own repairs on everything and always have, and can't help noticing that that older tractors - like your B6100 - are from an era when mechanical skills so common that cars, trucks, & tractors were all deliberatelydesigned to be easy to work on.
It's also obvious that our modern world is changing away from that. Today those skills are not as common and the machines reflect that.

The good news is that tractors from that earlier serviceable era are still out there, priced reasonably, and the popular names still have decent parts availability.
Other than the new tractors being more difficult to work on, the work that tractors do and how they do it hasn't changed all that much.

So it's not hard for anyone who enjoys doing their own mechanical work to find a tractor that fits the job & save some money as well. My own preference is from about the mid 70s on up until the early 2000 model years.
There are still lots of tractors out there from that era for those who enjoy doing our own mechanical work.

/ Who makes the repairs on your tractor? #16  
it depends. I will do to my tractor what I'd do to a car. brakes, water pump, filters, oil changes, etc. Other stuff it depends o the cost benefit of taking it in. I have no vehicle to transport a tractor to the shop, so it's a $200 just to get it there and back. It has to be worth it.

/ Who makes the repairs on your tractor? #17  
Yesterday iron I do myself on the Kubota heavy stuff its the dealer.

/ Who makes the repairs on your tractor? #18  
Similar experience as the OP and do everything myself. Recently split the Kubota. Cant say it was fun or that I want to do it again. However, it is doable and it would be easier the second time. I did learn A LOT about the tractor despite owning it for 15 years. The hardest thing is accepting the cost of parts. Do your own work if you can. The education is worth it as well as saving money and self-gratification.

Attachments

• Tractor Split.jpg
    Tractor Split.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 99
   / Who makes the repairs on your tractor? #19  
Similar experience as the OP and do everything myself. Recently split the Kubota. Cant say it was fun or that I want to do it again. However, it is doable and it would be easier the second time. I did learn A LOT about the tractor despite owning it for 15 years. The hardest thing is accepting the cost of parts. Do your own work if you can. The education is worth it as well as saving money and self-gratification.

I had to split a tractor. Like you I learned a lot and could do it again a lot easier. Mine had dual shafts running through it and getting both splined shafts lined up was the hardest part.

/ Who makes the repairs on your tractor? #20  
Over the years,I've done most of my repairs simply because I didn't know mechanics that were both,competent and honest. When I did know of one,I came out ahead earning money in my profession while hireing out mechanic work. Several years ago,Tx Att. General set up a sting taking cars with known condition in for repair. Between fines and bad publicity on tv,mechanics had no choice but straighten up their act. Wasn't long until it was ruled intrapment and discontinued.