Who makes the repairs on your tractor?

/ Who makes the repairs on your tractor? #41  
The first evidence of metal in trans can and often is detected in fluid on dip stick or fluid drained or leaked without removeing pan.The question of pan removal only came into play because caller stated when they removed pan it had two handfuls of shaveings in it. Pan removal aside,the fact remains' no shavings were detected by mechanic before or after that day,including second case where trans was partially dis-assembled. In the case involving bad input shaft,the bad shaft displayed by service mgr was determined to be from something much different to a Ford F-150. As fleet owners,you and possibly others would continue sending vehicles to these shops after this experience but I feel confident in saying you would be in a very small minority.
It's interesting you find so many ways to excuse those shops,how were you able to conclude certified mechanics were not in attendance from start to finish and investigator was inept? May I ask how you feel about what the average consumer has to say about good or bad service? ,I refuse paying for unnecessary repair beit due to ignorance or dishonesty. I recommend others do the same but it's their choice,maggots have to eat to.

Well those facts weren't in the original story. With the additional information then what you say makes sense. I stand corrected.
And I don't want anyone to think I'm excusing those bad shops. I don't I am just a stickler for getting all the facts before accusing someone of criminal conduct - and ignorance isn't a crime. I know I'd want the same consideration.

Since I also believe that there are bad mechanics and bad mechanical shops, I'm afraid they they are going to be out there preying on innocents until consumers simply refuse to pay for substandard work. I wish more people would take a stand and simply refuse to pay for poor work. But I don't see more laws as the answer. As I see it the best way to do that is for the public to educate themselves.
If people continue to use machines without learning at least a little bit about them that only encourages the maggots.
Mechanics ain't rocket science.

And it took me just about forever to pass those college entrance exams.... but I did.... eventually.
rScotty

/ Who makes the repairs on your tractor? #42  
My tractors work for me. I buy them to save my back and most importantly to save me money. I do all repairs on my equipment. I find it amusing when guys spend more money on lumber equipment than they'll ever save in heating costs...