Who really makes what?

/ Who really makes what? #11  
Not the Boomer 3040,45, & 50 super suite tractors. .. Those are still Shibaura. Also, I believe that NH is stopping the build contract with LS and going back to Shibaura for the whole Boomer line.

I think I was wrong on the Workmaster series as well...typed too fast. They're made by ISM in India, and ISM is the initials for Shibuaura....it gets confusing so fast!

/ Who really makes what? #12  
I think I was wrong on the Workmaster series as well...typed too fast. They're made by ISM in India, and ISM is the initials for Shibuaura....it gets confusing so fast!

That's interesting, I knew that the WorkMaster Series were Shibaura, but I didn't realize that Shibaura had an Indian manufacturing location also.

Truly a global market these days!

/ Who really makes what? #13  
I think that it's important to remember that just because a tractor or component is made by another company, it doesn't mean that the product which the producing company makes under its own name is the same as the product that they produce under another company's name. For example, just because a New Holland Boomer is made by LS, doesn't mean that a similar NH and LS model are exactly the same. Lift capacities, hydraulic flow, weight, etc. might be different even though the tractors seem very similar. Companies who outsource some or all of their manufacturing submit a request for a manufacturer to build to a specification. The outsourcing company may request a different specification than what the producing company sells under their own name. It is important to look at a tractor for its own individual features and specifications and not just it manufacturer.

/ Who really makes what? #14  
I honestly don't think you'll find any that are 100% in house from design to dealer until you get into the big AG lines, and even then they're going to have parts made by suppliers that specialize in whatever it is they need. There are many good companies that can make better parts cheaper in quantity and sell to all the manufacturers. Many tractors have injection parts made by Bosch, nobody can "roll their own" and have as good of quality for the prices Bosch can build and sell while earning profit. Really, in today's CNC machining world, it all comes down to design. Find the tractors spec'd to do what you need, visit the units at dealer lots and see what design seems best suited for your needs. Tracking down who made what could be a full time job if you let it and doesn't matter as much as having something designed best for your needs.

/ Who really makes what? #15  
I think that it's important to remember that just because a tractor or component is made by another company, it doesn't mean that the product which the producing company makes under its own name is the same as the product that they produce under another company's name. For example, just because a New Holland Boomer is made by LS, doesn't mean that a similar NH and LS model are exactly the same. Lift capacities, hydraulic flow, weight, etc. might be different even though the tractors seem very similar. Companies who outsource some or all of their manufacturing submit a request for a manufacturer to build to a specification. The outsourcing company may request a different specification than what the producing company sells under their own name. It is important to look at a tractor for its own individual features and specifications and not just it manufacturer.

That can certainly be the case, but not always. I've seem them round up, or down, to make the specs look slightly different, or list the gear weight rather than HST weight, and not specify which it is....just so it looks like their version is different.

In your example, the LS, NH Boomer 35/40/50 and Case Farmall B series are mechanically the same, with only a couple of cosmetic differences (that could account for different listed weights as well) like the headlights, and grill...so you just have to do some digging. NH and Case do, however, use a significantly weaker loader....and charge more for the same machine :confused2:

/ Who really makes what? #16  

As G Man stated, while it may be the case sometimes, like you mentioned, in the case of LS, the Boomer series, and the comparable case tractors... There is literally no difference between the new LS tractors, boomers, and case. Except, of course, the paint and details.

Aside from the tractor, LS uses their own loader, well New Holland and case use the identical loader, labeled differently of course.

In the case of the Bobcat tractors, along with McCormick, they are both built identically to the Kioti tractors, which is the flagship for Daedong. .. The manufacturing company that makes the tractors. Again, the differences are paint and details. Although, the options that are added at the factory may differ across the brands. For example, Bobcat did not add draft control or a hydraulic remote when they have them built, which is different from the Kioti build. And again, the main difference is the leader, of which each of those companies use their own.

And please excuse any silly grammar mistakes, I'm using the speech to text function on my phone right now, and it does weird things to sentences sometimes

/ Who really makes what? #17  
I think a kioti geared tractor is all there's. The hst in the DK is a kanzaki made in Japan. Cub Cadet sold kioti for a while too.

/ Who really makes what? #18  
I understand what both of you are saying TSO and GMan, but I don't think that we're in complete disagreement at least. I guess I was thinking specifically of LS versus NH/CaseIH when I had my previous statement in mind. I do understand that the tractors are the same (well except for headlights and color) but their loaders are in fact different and the LS version is actually more capable. I know technically the loader is not the same as the tractor but since so many people buy the tractor and loader together I almost think of the loader as a part of the tractor, just as much as the 3 point hitch. So in reference to my above example if you include the loader in the package just because the NH/CaseIH/LS are the same tractor, made by the same company, there is actually a significant advantage to buying the LS (better loader). Sometimes the differences can be small, and often times the differences are just limited to accessories or implements like a loader, but there is often some kind of difference between tractors produced by the same manufacturer but with different name plates. I was just suggesting that perspective buyers educate themselves on all the facets of a particular tractor and not just go by manufacturer.

/ Who really makes what? #19  
My tractor is an LS R3039 shuttle, it is the same as the NH Boomer35 which is made by LS. They have different grilles and are a slightly different shade of blue.

/ Who really makes what? #20  
my McCormick Ct28 is made by LS and has a 2250# lift capacity, how does that compare to what comes on the Case\NH and LS 30hp range tractors? I know my dealer said that range took a hit to the lift capacity when they switched to Woods built Loaders shortly after McCormick made the switch from LS to Kioti built units.