Who really makes what?

/ Who really makes what? #21  
my McCormick Ct28 is made by LS and has a 2250# lift capacity, how does that compare to what comes on the Case\NH and LS 30hp range tractors? I know my dealer said that range took a hit to the lift capacity when they switched to Woods built Loaders shortly after McCormick made the switch from LS to Kioti built units.
I didn't realize that LS used to build McCormick too... looking up your tractor, it looks just like the LS G3033 Series. I don't believe that there is a comparable C-NH model to that. From what I've seen, LS only builds the SCUT & CUT line for C-NH (The Boomer line, minus the "SuperSuite" series). NH also has the T15xx series & the TC30 which are both Shibaura, as well as the Workmaster series. The G30xx series for LS is their "budget" line of compact tractors... so I'm not sure if many other brands were buying them for their budget lines too... although since McCormick did, I suppose it's possible that others did as well.

/ Who really makes what? #22  
What the funny part about the LS and the Boomer loaders is I think they are all made by the same company Amerequip Compamy

Client List - Design, Engineering and Manufacturing Solutions for OEMs

If you look at Amerequip's customer list they are both on there. I like the one on the boomer a little better because it is more rounded and out of the way even though it has a little less lift capacity. And the shape of the boomer arms and the angle of the cylinders could be the difference, although didn't LS increase the size of there cylinders at one time because people complained.

/ Who really makes what? #23  
Hey thanks for the Amerequip link! In the picture gallery there is a photo of both the Yanmar LX CB85 backhoe and a John Deere backhoe on the same production floor. Very interesting!
amerequip-collection-14.jpg

http://www.amerequip.com/assets/images/photos/galleries/production/amerequip-collection-14.jpg

/ Who really makes what? #24  
   / Who really makes what? #25  
Yea Amerequip makes a lot of equipment for a lot of different companies, it's nice to see they are made here in the states.

/ Who really makes what? #26  
I like the one on the boomer a little better because it is more rounded and out of the way even though it has a little less lift capacity.

It's more than "a little less" on some models. The Boomer 50 loader is listed at 1,940lbs to max height, at the pins. The R4044/4047 loader is 2,634lbs at the pins to max height (website incorrectly lists 2,500lbs).

It's like 40% more for the LS....a huge difference.

Last edited:
   / Who really makes what? #27  
It's more than "a little less" on some models. The Boomer 50 loader is listed at 1,940lbs to max height, at the pins. The R4044/4047 loader is 2,634lbs at the pins to max height (website incorrectly lists 2,509lbs).

It's like 40% more for the LS....a huge difference.
well. .. More like 25% lol. .. But still quite noticeable. However, the NH 250tl loader does reach about a foot higher I believe. That would come in handy at times

/ Who really makes what? #28  
well. .. More like 25% lol. .. But still quite noticeable. However, the NH 250tl loader does reach about a foot higher I believe. That would come in handy at times

More than just being handy, the extra foot of lift is a logical explanation for the reduced capacity. Both base units being identical, the higher a loader takes weight, the less weight the base tractor's weight can keep stable. Lifting to a set height both loaders can reach, I'd bet the capacities are closer that we might think.

/ Who really makes what? #29  
More than just being handy, the extra foot of lift is a logical explanation for the reduced capacity. Both base units being identical, the higher a loader takes weight, the less weight the base tractor's weight can keep stable. Lifting to a set height both loaders can reach, I'd bet the capacities are closer that we might think.

A bit closer, but not much. The LS has less lateral reach and is more stout, including the cylinders. That lateral reach angle directly plays into the overall lift height. The NH loader just doesn't have the hardware built in to lift as much. The biggest factor that I think favors the LS in the breakout force... nearly 800lbs higher IIRC .

/ Who really makes what? #30  

It's actually 36% more lift. 1,940lbs x 1.36 = 2,638lbs....close enough.

The extra lift height would definitely come in handy at times, but not as much as the extra lift capacity (for what I do). I routinely run out of lift capacity, and have only run out of height twice, but I was still able to get the job done with some planning. I was loading 30yd rolloffs, and couldn't quite reach high enough to crush the contents well after dumping...put the forks on periodically and they reached in far enough to compact everything.