Who rides motorcycles?

/ Who rides motorcycles? #661  
I will bore you with details Kyle.

Plan on being in Daytona with 2 riders. 5 days of races in a row. Going to be busy.

KTM won the singles class last season. 2019 they will have a factory singles team, at some point a twins team. There is a semiofficial Yamaha team this year in both classes. And the Howerton/Smith team went back to Kawasaki. A lot happening.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #662  
I was talking to a new friend and he said he's been riding a Moto Guzzi. Says he bought it with over 100,000 miles on it used. He used it to commute 120 miles each way for a while.

I will ask him how many miles is on it, and what year model it is, next time I see him.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #663  
"I loved Yamaha Ventures. IMO, Yamaha could have made a real badboy full dress tourer, if they had put the NEW Vmax engine in it. The bike they made instead is a nice bike, with a big air cooled Vtwin, but the VMAX engine would have had people standing in line to get one. LOL."

I've got a 2016 V-Max and love it. It is definitely that V4 engine that makes it the great bike that it is. The bike is extremely smooth handling (although with it's weight not exactly in sport bike company) and the power available seems to be endless. My nerve hits redline well before the bike does. If I have a complaint it's the extremely small fuel tank really limits your range between fill ups. I ride alone so I'm looking at rigging up an auxiliary tank I can attach to the passenger seat. Plenty of people on the V-Max forums have done exactly that.

Prior to the Max, I've always been a sport bike rider and definitely miss the razor sharp handling that comes with that class. At my age I'm not sure I could do the bikes justice, but I'm willing to try. Reality is I've only got a few more years that my body could handle the aggressive riding positions required. I'm strongly considering one to park alongside the V-Max even if it's only a few years before I have to sell it. I guess growing old is easier than growing up. IMG_2221.jpg

/ Who rides motorcycles? #664  
"I loved Yamaha Ventures. IMO, Yamaha could have made a real badboy full dress tourer, if they had put the NEW Vmax engine in it. The bike they made instead is a nice bike, with a big air cooled Vtwin, but the VMAX engine would have had people standing in line to get one. LOL."

I've got a 2016 V-Max and love it. It is definitely that V4 engine that makes it the great bike that it is. The bike is extremely smooth handling (although with it's weight not exactly in sport bike company) and the power available seems to be endless. My nerve hits redline well before the bike does. If I have a complaint it's the extremely small fuel tank really limits your range between fill ups. I ride alone so I'm looking at rigging up an auxiliary tank I can attach to the passenger seat. Plenty of people on the V-Max forums have done exactly that.

Prior to the Max, I've always been a sport bike rider and definitely miss the razor sharp handling that comes with that class. At my age I'm not sure I could do the bikes justice, but I'm willing to try. Reality is I've only got a few more years that my body could handle the aggressive riding positions required. I'm strongly considering one to park alongside the V-Max even if it's only a few years before I have to sell it. I guess growing old is easier than growing up.View attachment 585180

Well the thing to do is to neatly shove that VMAX engine into an older Venture then you will have the best touring bike around.
And I just happen to have a couple of candidates for the swap an 84 Standard and a 85 Royal. I have putover 100,000 thousand on various Ventures and would still be riding them if I could have found a good FI kit for them.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #665  
Hi everyone. I am a new tractor owner and TBN subscriber but have been riding motorcycles since the early seventies. My current bikes: 2007 KLX250, 2002 R1150RTP, 2001 R1200C and 2000 KDX200.

Past bikes include: 2007 KLR650, 2005 EXC450, 1999 K1200LT, 1994 KDX250, 1992 R100GS, 1982 IT465 and IT175, 1977 R75/7, 1968 DT1 250, and a couple others. :wave:

Last edited:
   / Who rides motorcycles? #666  
My first bike: Honda Scrambler 175. Pic taken spring 1972 in Eliot ME: 75B34F07-DBF5-4521-B9E4-9FD22DCDC637.png

/ Who rides motorcycles? #667  
My R1150RTP at Evans Notch scenic view in the White Mountains of ME:
C0D8BB5B-F262-4D27-8A4A-EB5B99963914.jpeg

/ Who rides motorcycles? #668  
The R1200C loaded for a weeks ride to Quebec Gaspe:
5785DD0B-ED02-48A0-B48E-6453B562FA44.jpeg

/ Who rides motorcycles? #669  
Gas stop on the KLX250 on an on-off road ride in VT:
57BBD576-8F3F-436D-AE36-3BA5B3BD63FA.jpeg