Who rides motorcycles?

/ Who rides motorcycles? #681  
Weather has broken here in the North East, spring is upon us. I got out for the first time this year on 4/15... took the Road Glide out for a quick ride to my accountant to sign my tax return. ... the bike ride made it a little more bearable....had to get back quick as rain was starting to fall...and been raining ever since. ..at least all the salt is off the roads.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #682  
Maybe if I hitched a tiller to my m/c, I could get some seat time. ;)

PS, I have used my XT600 for a trencher. Buddy was moving a trailerhouse in on a side lot of his boss' land. He needed to run a shallow trench for a PVC waterline about 150 ft. I told him to run the soaker hose on it for an hour along the intended path. Came over put my Yokohama 5" wide trials tire in gear and cut that trench in about 2 episodes of about 2 minutes each. He had to come back with a sharp shooter to pull out the loose dirt. He was happy. I got some beer. It was a good day tater.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #683  
1) Anybody have a favourite visor/lens exterior treatment ?

Got out early this morning, but had to stop for an extended coffee break after not long....... rode into what would look normal for fog in Atlantic Canada...... couldn't keep the visor adequately clear. Never tried Rain-X on polycarbonate yet, not sure if it's spec'd for other than glass.....

..... looks like they have a Plastic version...... Rain-X(R) Plastic Water Repellent - Rain-X

^ anybody tried it ?

2) Interior anti-fog treatments ?

Rgds, D.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #684  
I end up cracking the visor open on my helmet,
the air flow seems to help.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #685  
I end up cracking the visor open on my helmet,
the air flow seems to help.

With you there Lou, and that usually works well enough for me, for interior visor fogging.

Fog here this morning. Burned off a fair bit near home, left my driveway about 7:30. Rode into a small valley about 25 minutes west of me, into this heavy fog. Had to go slow, and the water surface-condensation was crazy... would just sit there in big globs at the slow speed I had to go. I've ridden in rain, including very heavy stuff, and it was nothing like this. Stopped for a coffee, and waited for most of the fog to burn off.

I'm wary of mixing chemicals with clear plastics; seen to many fogged or crazed by accident. That said, Rain X has been around for quite a while; I think I'll check some bike forums re. the Plastic version........ I know many people who swear by how it sheets/sheds water on glass, and that type of action probably would have made a big difference for me this morning.....

Rgds, D.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #686  
2012 Roadie.jpg

I ride a 2012 Roadie, will never stray from frame mounted fairing again.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #687  
It's been 10 years or more since I rode much, and had gotten rid of the bikes I had... until a about a month and a half ago. Picked up a '03 Suzuki Intruder vl1500 LC, with 6250 miles on it, for a very fair price. Really clean, one owner bike... rode it every chance I've had since then, to work every day unless it's raining... nice to be back on a bike again, forgot how much I enjoyed riding. Finally got a chance to take my wife for a ride last weekend, did about a 30 mile loop of local back roads, stopped at a church a few miles away. Its steeple is visible from our backyard across the hilltops, and it's also where my mother played the organ for services back in the early 1980's. It was built in the late 1800's by German immigrants, in an area known as St Joseph's settlement.

Attachments

• 20190913_154526.jpg
    20190913_154526.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 64
  • 20191011_154019.jpg
    20191011_154019.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 53
   / Who rides motorcycles? #688  
Nice. it's great to take leisurely rides, visiting historic points of interest as mentioned. I have ridden since I was 15...over 50 years. I have a few old Harleys around the place, we ride when we get the time. I love the backroads, where there is great scenery and light traffic.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #689  
It's been 10 years or more since I rode much, and had gotten rid of the bikes I had... until a about a month and a half ago. Picked up a '03 Suzuki Intruder vl1500 LC, with 6250 miles on it, for a very fair price. Really clean, one owner bike... rode it every chance I've had since then, to work every day unless it's raining... nice to be back on a bike again, forgot how much I enjoyed riding. Finally got a chance to take my wife for a ride last weekend, did about a 30 mile loop of local back roads, stopped at a church a few miles away. Its steeple is visible from our backyard across the hilltops, and it's also where my mother played the organ for services back in the early 1980's. It was built in the late 1800's by German immigrants, in an area known as St Joseph's settlement.

That bike thing again...... :D ....... I had to buy a bike, to find cool roads not that far from home, that I'd never been on..... even after living here quite a while.....

Billy in Family Circus, being sent next-door for a cup of sugar....... dotted line wandering all over the 'hood...... that's a big part of why bikes put my head back together......

Rgds, D.