Who's got a log splitter that they run off the PT?

/ Who's got a log splitter that they run off the PT? #31  
That’s a nice set up you have there. thanks for the pics

/ Who's got a log splitter that they run off the PT? #32  
Is that an Agco Alis 5660 tractor with a Quicke 310 loader if so that is the same tractor and loader I have, love it.

/ Who's got a log splitter that they run off the PT? #33  
Yup, it's an AGCO 5660, has the 16 speed tranny and over size tires, the loader in an ALO 310...

I love mine too...

SR

/ Who's got a log splitter that they run off the PT? #34  
I've had a SplitFire 2PH splitter for years. Running off the tractor hydraulics can be slow, but the SplitFire splits in both stroke directions, you aren't ever waiting for it to retract before splitting again. I like it a lot, including being able to set it to whatever height is comfortable.

/ Who's got a log splitter that they run off the PT? #35  
I have asked this question many times myself. I read this thread with much interest and was surprised no one offered an alternative! There are lots of benefits to having a stand alone splitter. It leaves your tractor available for dragging wood to the sight, using a grapple to gather and chainsaw logs to length, move split wood to stacking location. But the most important advice for me was not racking up the hours on the alpha machine that I count on for everything. Good luck with your search!

/ Who's got a log splitter that they run off the PT? #36  
I have asked this question many times myself. I read this thread with much interest and was surprised no one offered an alternative! There are lots of benefits to having a stand alone splitter. It leaves your tractor available for dragging wood to the sight, using a grapple to gather and chainsaw logs to length, move split wood to stacking location. But the most important advice for me was not racking up the hours on the alpha machine that I count on for everything. Good luck with your search!

Read post #17. ;)

/ Who's got a log splitter that they run off the PT? #37  

That’s why one PT just isn’t enough. :)

/ Who's got a log splitter that they run off the PT? #38  
This is the Black Diamond 3pt hitch log splitter that I “attached” to my 425. It works both horizontally and Vertically. I welded an attachment plate to the side of the splitter so it sits perpendicular to the tractor. This make it easier to move around. It works great running off the Aux hydraulics and I can split some pretty massive rounds in the vertical mode.
355B2CE0-AB2E-4419-A34C-B927FED3E38D.jpeg
6F10B40A-C875-4D80-812B-45EF3A345727.jpeg

Attachments

• 18409417-A58A-40C1-866E-E515ECF9FBC7.jpeg
    18409417-A58A-40C1-866E-E515ECF9FBC7.jpeg
    348.9 KB · Views: 68
   / Who's got a log splitter that they run off the PT? #39  
I bought a Black Diamond 3pt hitch log splitter, welder and accessory plate to the side so it sits perpendicular to the tractor. It works off the Aux hydraulics.
Splitter $700.00
Quick connectors (purchased from PT) $90.00
Two 1/2” hoses made locally $130.00
Accesory plate I bought with tractor & dont’ remember $
B5524603-5FD4-460E-A97C-371FBAFF97CE.jpeg
817440F0-00BE-41BE-90A9-E63D362EDC98.jpeg

/ Who's got a log splitter that they run off the PT? #40  
I have a walenstien? I like that I can drop the splitter to the ground and roll the heavy log on then lift it to a height that saves my back. Try that with a stand alone, lol. I change the oil on the alpha and don’t worry about the hours run. Probably does it good. Anyway to each his own. My logs are piled early for splitting, then cut, then split. I don’t run and get a log, cut the log, split the log and start again. But hey, there are pluses and negatives to everything, eh?