Why did I buy this thing?

/ Why did I buy this thing? #52  
I learned a lesson 30 some years ago when we got married. Sometimes, people don't realize how bad something is because it is all they know. Wife had a POS Dodge Shadow. In the shop all of the time. She figured because it was all free warranty work, it was OK. My 200SX was 7 years older and other than cosmetic damage from the sun in Las Vegas, it never need anything there than gas and oil changes. Once she saw the difference, she got out of the Dodge and has not had to deal with mechanical issues at all.

/ Why did I buy this thing? #53  
Per the 1626 operator's manual, you only have to check the engine oil every 10 hours. Unless there's a newer version of the manual than the one I looked at.

Painting the handle and the tube are good ideas. I think I'll do that on my 3016.

/ Why did I buy this thing? #54  
The only real complaint I have with my Max 26xl is changing the Hydrostatic filter which is in an awkward location. But realistically, where else are they going to put it that it won't be exposed and get damaged? What space is left? This is not the old Farmall Super C or M that I grew up with and still run, where everything is open and easy to access. It is a machine that you expect to have all the modern conveniences and have the capacity to do every job imaginable but yet in a compact design. Some things are going to be compromised. Suck it up, do what needs done, and move on.

I do like the idea of painting the dipstick handle or tube, but it's nothing that 10 seconds with a worklight won't fix too.

/ Why did I buy this thing? #55  
Ohhhhh no ! Looks like the green tractors have issues too ! Looks like that only leaves the orange ones without issues 🙄
Hi,
Anyone using a 3036e?

I've just got one, and I find that in order to dip the oil, need to reach the stick through a small aperture in a cover,
and to do this it is necessary to somehow reach round the loader mast and its pipes.

There has to be an easier way...........isn't there????

/ Why did I buy this thing? #56  
Wow. This is similar to throat cancer..
I have the Mahindra 3016 which is the same as the 1626 but w more loader capacity. Have owned it for 8 yrs. I've checked the oil on it 3 times. No puddle underneath, I'm good.
If you need to check the oil "every day", leave the side panels off and paint the dipstick.
My previous JD had no side panels and I used it the exact same way I do the 3016.
Or, you can trade in the Mahindra to a Kubota dealer and pay 15 grand more for a more easily accessible dipstick.
I painted my dip stick as well. So now I dont have to remove the panel. Tight squeeze but it works.
I also dont check my oil level every day. I try to remember to check before I use it.