Why do blowers do better on a full load tham when half filled?

/ Why do blowers do better on a full load tham when half filled? #31  
Just avoiding a disservice to knowledge.

/ Why do blowers do better on a full load tham when half filled? #32  
If I turn on my snowblower there is a lot of air that comes out the chute without any snow involved, just the impeller is blowing out air. Tomorrow I will make a video of the airflow coming out of the chute. If you look at the video of me snowblowing, explain how the snow goes so high in the air if its just being thrown.

/ Why do blowers do better on a full load tham when half filled? #33  
What about a snow caster?

If you look in the dictionary, cast and throw are the same. Cast is the older way of saying throw. "cast the first stone" or "throw the first stone" they both mean the same thing.

/ Why do blowers do better on a full load tham when half filled? #35  
If I turn on my snowblower there is a lot of air that comes out the chute with any snow involved, just the impeller is blowing out air. Tomorrow I will make a video of the airflow coming out of the chute. If you look at the video of me snowblowing, explain how the snow goes so high in the air if its just being thrown.
The sno and air are moving together. When theres a lot of sno theres less air, but the mass of the stream is greater and it goes further. The air in the stream is part of the thrown mass -- along for the ride, neither impelling nor inhibiting it.
larry

/ Why do blowers do better on a full load tham when half filled? #36  
Oh, I see.

/ Why do blowers do better on a full load tham when half filled? #37  
NO. It throws the sno as it would a rock. The incidental air in the discharge is moving at the same speed as the snow or orher stuf that is in the discharge. The air does not impel.
larry

So leaf blowers throw leaves? :laughing:

I understand what you're saying. And I agree with you. However, that's the definition of snow thrower vs snow blower. Throwers are single stage, blowers are two stage.

/ Why do blowers do better on a full load tham when half filled? #38  

I understand what you're saying. And I agree with you. However, that's the definition of snow thrower vs snow blower. Throwers are single stage, blowers are two stage.

And I've never heard the term "caster" ever in my lift other than fishing reels and small wheels.

/ Why do blowers do better on a full load tham when half filled? #39  

============================================================================

The term "Leaf blower" is simple sales term for the masses.

The "Concentrated Air Blast being the "Pressure Gradient" exiting
from the screened air inlet into a paddle impeller rotating at a
high speed through which the air stream passes through a
piece of short plastic tubing which then passes through either a
flared nozzle or through the smaller circular diameter tube herein
referred to as an "Air Nozzle" through which is created a more
concentrated air stream at atmospheric pressure in order to do work.

The leaves being pushed forward and to the side by the "Leaf Blower" are resisting the force
of the concentrated air blast- "Pressure Gradient" simply because they have a surface
area of X being resisting the air pressure of 14.7 PSIG at ground level.

The atmosphere has mass and weight which affects the ability of the leaves to
be moved forward.

The same occurs when you try to use leaf blower on heavy snow that is not powder snow.

In short you are herding cats.

When a "Pressure Gradient" is created in a suction mode you are
using the hose that is connected to the source of the pressure gradient
pulling the leaves and debris into the impeller passing through the impeller
and then carried by the impeller paddles to be discharged to another location.

A leaf blower is simply using air speed and its mass to its absolute advantage to create
"Pressure Gradients" to do work in a low air pressure high cubic foot per minute air volume
environment where the mass of air flow created by the impeller paddles to create a
"Pressure Gradient" is used as a method to convey the material from Point A to Point B or
disperse leaves.

Herding cats.

/ Why do blowers do better on a full load tham when half filled? #40  
You're taking the fun out of it.