Why do I need an L3130???

/ Why do I need an L3130??? #1  

widmn

Silver Member
Tractor
JD870
I have been looking at the L3130 and the BX series tractors. I really like the size of the L3130 for general around the farm stuff. Digging post holes for fencing, Loader stuff, maybe digging out a pond but probably not, snow removal, grading a drive, tending a 2 - 4 acre garden, stump pulling, making trails, etc.
But my pocket book says go cheap. I enjoy the time spent on a tractor and my time is not money so Why not?? a BXseries??

/ Why do I need an L3130??? #3  
You only live once. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Why do I need an L3130??? #4  
I just took delivery of my L3130 last week and the fun has never stopped. I asked myself the same questions you did, and from reading these posts I rarely heard...."I wish I got a smaller tractor, FEL, mower, etc." The fact of the matter is larger tractors can do the work of smaller tractors if there is enough space, but smaller tractors can't do the work of the large ones.

For the work you described, it sounds like the L3130 is the way to go.

/ Why do I need an L3130??? #5  
I agree with caylor. I used an L175 for almost 20 years. It did a lot of what I wanted but I was always borrowing a brother-in-laws tractor for lots of jobs. I just recently bought an L3130 and I've found that the L3130 can do all the 175 did with very few exceptions and also can do almost all the jobs the L175 couldn't do. It's about as big a tractor as I can maneuver in our orchard but pulls so much better than the L175.

/ Why do I need an L3130??? #6  
Go with the L3130HST. You won't regret it unless you start thinking I should have gotten more HP.

Vernon

/ Why do I need an L3130??? #7  
I will never complane about having too much power and tractor weight.

/ Why do I need an L3130??? #8  
The truth of the matter is with 100 acres you really need both an L series AND a BX... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If you can only have one...I doubt you will be happy in the long run with the BX. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

By the way...pocket books almost always say go cheap. But unlike fathers, pocket books don't always know best... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Why do I need an L3130??? #9  
Why do you need a L3130??? Because you have 100 acres.

You know you actually need a L5030 with 100 acres, but you don't want to spend more than the cost of a BX, so you are compromising for the L3130HST, a great tractor. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Why do I need an L3130??? #10  
If you can afford it... go with the L3130! You're looking at a tractor that will last you a lifetime... I'd rather spend more now and be happy than spend a little less and realize you didn't buy enough tractor. With 100 acres I can almost promise you that if you bought a BX within 5 years you'll be trading it in on an L or M series! Go for it! Get the L3130!