Why don’t tractors have dedicated tie down points?

/ Why don’t tractors have dedicated tie down points? #11  
Some makers have tie downs - the MF GC1725M I'll be getting in a few months has tie downs on the front frame - can't speak to the entire MF line, but, that model does.

Pick

/ Why don’t tractors have dedicated tie down points? #13  
Another idea, for front or rear.

85229_full.jpg

Bruce

/ Why don’t tractors have dedicated tie down points? #14  
Another idea, for front or rear.

85229_full.jpg

Bruce
Not sure I like that tie down arrangement. Metal hook on a metal edge. Not sure if there is anything locking the hook in to keep it from sliding sideways. Jon

/ Why don’t tractors have dedicated tie down points? #15  
Not sure I like that tie down arrangement. Metal hook on a metal edge. Not sure if there is anything locking the hook in to keep it from sliding sideways. Jon
I don't care for that part of the photo. I looks like a very little slack would let the hook slide or come off.

But the real point of the post was the attachment to the wheel if no tie down point was available on the vehicle.

Bruce

/ Why don’t tractors have dedicated tie down points? #16  
When my M6040 was delivered it was chained down with six chains. One on the bucket/FEL, one on the rear blade and one around the axle at each wheel. There was a heavy leather sleeve around the chain where it went around each axle.

I certainly don't need attachment points. That's the only time the tractor has been moved and I have no plans to move it again.

As an option - great idea.

/ Why don’t tractors have dedicated tie down points? #17  
Most folks wouldn't know how to tie down a tractor anyway. 😏

Supplying tie down points would just open the manufacturer up to liability claims. Sad, but happens. The week-end warriors can be dangerous to themselves and others. I see no reason to help them find relief from stupidity. :rolleyes:

/ Why don’t tractors have dedicated tie down points? #18  
Again...Interwebby rumor...

It has been mentioned that commercial transport requirements for some states require implements to be secured with separate securement even if attached to the primary equipment.

Which supports your mention of the added chains on your FEL and blade Mr. Oosik.

The mention of leather padding reminded me...

A while back, I bought a 75' x 1.5" fire hose off Ebay to use for padding on a few transport chains. It was inexpensive and with 6 chains to cover...seemed justified.

Surprised when I received a brand new, unused hose out of Canada. It was still flat rolled and the Kevlar shiny white.

Thought I had scored a home run!

...till I tried to put a chain through a 6' length of the hose.

The new stiff flat hose, even with WD-40 applied, had to be worked and worked, before it would open up enough to slide over the 3/8 inch transport chain.

Reminded that new is not always the best solution...and from experience -

You can't push a chain!

/ Why don’t tractors have dedicated tie down points? #19  
Are yoo sure you don't have any? The grill guard on my Kubota has holes in it that serve as a tie down point. Like previously posted almost every tractor has a draw bar in the rear that also can be used.