Why don’t tractors have dedicated tie down points?

/ Why don’t tractors have dedicated tie down points? #21  
There will almost always be some bolt holes so I carry some of these.

JH4SQ.01_250x.jpg
1652-cluster-hook-assembly-w-d-ring.01_250x.jpg
2249-forged-tow-hook-14-steel-w-o-ring.01_250x.jpg

/ Why don’t tractors have dedicated tie down points? #22  
Most folks wouldn't know how to tie down a tractor anyway.

Supplying tie down points would just open the manufacturer up to liability claims. Sad, but happens. The week-end warriors can be dangerous to themselves and others. I see no reason to help them find relief from stupidity. :rolleyes:

Many cars have tie down points for transport. I can’t see how it’s a liability for manufactures it’s it’s a simple mounting point unless it was the source of failure.

/ Why don’t tractors have dedicated tie down points? #23  
Every vehicle, automobile, and piece of equipment should come with front and rear tow/tie down points. A lot of stuff ends up damaged or comes unsecured because of people incorrectly choosing tie down or tow points. They don’t have to be expensive or fancy, just a properly built steel loop goes a long ways.

/ Why don’t tractors have dedicated tie down points? #24  
Many cars have tie down points for transport. I can’t see how it’s a liability for manufactures it’s it’s a simple mounting point unless it was the source of failure.
Interesting claim. Can you show ONE? 😏

The only points I've seen to secure a car are for pulling them out of ditches or onto a wrecker. None were meant for tie down points because there's typically only one in front and one in the rear.

/ Why don’t tractors have dedicated tie down points? #25  
Interesting claim. Can you show ONE? 😏

The only points I've seen to secure a car are for pulling them out of ditches or onto a wrecker. None were meant for tie down points because there's typically only one in front and one in the rear.

Aquamoose is correct. Autos and trucks have had transport locations forever. Most transport trucks use the TJR hooks, they are designed for vehicle tie downs. Read the link.

RTJ Cluster Hooks | Towing Cluster Hooks | Mytee Products

1652-cluster-hook-assembly-w-d-ring.01_250x.jpg

/ Why don’t tractors have dedicated tie down points? #26  
That didn't come with my car. :rolleyes:

/ Why don’t tractors have dedicated tie down points? #27  
That didn't come with my car. :rolleyes:

The TJR hook is not part of your car, however the attaching points are, the title of this thread. Your car will have a minimum of 4 locations, one on each corner, front and rear, built specific for the TJR hook. Some pickup trucks have 8 locations.

That's why I said in a pervious post, I carry the TJR hooks and often times they will work on tractors too.

/ Why don’t tractors have dedicated tie down points? #28  
my 24' tilt trailer has 6 welded tie down points. easy enuf to loop a chain around rear axle for rear of tractor, and i push a chin thru loader channel in front end. snug as a bug in a rug. cant possibly shift while towing. i used to tow it alot. not so much now that im retired.

/ Why don’t tractors have dedicated tie down points? #29  
My Dad has found a ton of those car carrier hooks on his walks. There are different styles. Handy to have, although thinking about it, I have maybe only used the car hooks twice on someones car with no other attachment point. Some of the chains are handy three feet long ones with the special hooks as well as grab hooks.

I don't like any hook for transport, not rescue, that can fall out when tension is released.

As far as the original question. It just hit me. People would use these points for pulling.

Last edited:
   / Why don’t tractors have dedicated tie down points? #30  
As far as the original question. It just hit me. People would use these points for pulling.

Tie down and tow points are not usually the same. Some are, but usually, they are different.