Why don’t tractors have dedicated tie down points?

/ Why don’t tractors have dedicated tie down points? #31  
Well, consider it from a different angle. If they supplied tie down points on the tractor and your trailer attachment points didn't quite "fit", and there was a wreck, who is going to get sued? Different lengths of trailers, as well as widths, flatbed versus dump body, and the list goes on. If you haul your tractor with an implement, is the hold down point still going to work? My 3008 bush hog tends to get in the way of the chains when I haul it on the tractor, so I have to change how I run the chains. If liability comes into play, with a dedicated chain route, I can see why they don't offer them.
David from jax

/ Why don’t tractors have dedicated tie down points? #32  
In general, tractors stay on the farm. They also have road gears for longer distances. So they don't spend the coin on tie downs.

On the other hand, construction equipment do have them. They are slow, so transport is a must, since they move from job to job.

/ Why don’t tractors have dedicated tie down points? #33  
Im going to move my B2650 2000 miles this coming fall and am working on tiedown points. I planned on using the rear drawbar with a clevis to secure the rear and am thinking of having a clevis mount,
(2.925" wide X 2.577 tall X 1.000" thick w/.905 diameter bored hole (true round).)
welded to a 1/4" plate that will get bolted to the front of the tractor frame using existing bolt holes. Then I could use the same tiedown system on the front as the rear. I have a fel in front and a back blade on the rear which I'll tie down both separate from the tractor. I have time so will report back with results.

/ Why don’t tractors have dedicated tie down points? #34  
Welcome to TBN.

Your shackle mount sounds like one from 4x4 off-roading.

Bruce

/ Why don’t tractors have dedicated tie down points? #35  
I have hauled tons of tractors and always find a way to secure them but I have often wondered why they don’t have purpose built anchor points. Virtually every other piece of equipment I have hauled such as mini excavator, skid steers, backhoes, etc all have anchor points. Why not tractors?
Hey bdog! There is one tractor manufacture that has dedicated tie downs points but is only on one series of tractors they manufacture & that's the Massey-Ferguson GC 1723 & 1725 subcompact series:cool: wish they had them on all there tractors It would make things allot easier(y).

/ Why don’t tractors have dedicated tie down points? #37  
I'm not familiar with other equipment, construction equipment and their purposed built anchor tie down points. What do they look like ?

I have used heavy tie down straps to occasionally haul my Kubota BX23S, and now I am in the process of buying highway rated 70 code transport chains.

perhaps the welded on bucket hooks that are added to my tractor can be used for that purpose.

/ Why don’t tractors have dedicated tie down points? #38  
Chaining the bucket should only be used to secure the bucket and should never be used with the intent to secure a part, or whole, of the tractor.

/ Why don’t tractors have dedicated tie down points? #39  
I'm not familiar with other equipment, construction equipment and their purposed built anchor tie down points. What do they look like ?

I have used heavy tie down straps to occasionally haul my Kubota BX23S, and now I am in the process of buying highway rated 70 code transport chains.

perhaps the welded on bucket hooks that are added to my tractor can be used for that purpose.

Hey! scaredychichicken The ones I've seen are mostly on Bobcats they look like D rings & the only tractors I've seen them on & is a fairly new feature & are welded to the frame ,Are the Massey -Ferguson subcompacts series GC 1723 & 1725 series tractors & Heed the advice from Aquamoose(y)! You should only secure your tractor by going thru the rims which You can't do unless you have spinouts & the frame or over the axles using ratchet straps & there are some ratchet straps made to go over the front wheel but those will only work with compacts or subcompacts.