Why Kubota over others?

/ Why Kubota over others? #21  
Yeah mine is new so I hope not to have problems. The guy helping me yesterday has 2 New Holland's and he does commercial landscaping. Our Pheasants Forever Chapter has 2 Case 75 c they use to manage about 2000 acres. No problems with any of these. Unfortunately anything can have problems, just don't wish it on anyone.

/ Why Kubota over others? #22  
Cause its orange and has cool stickers...
Oh and it doesn't too bad in the field either.

/ Why Kubota over others? #23  
Because none of the other dealers would call me back...

And, in my case, Kubota offered exactly what I wanted: a base model tractor with a hydrostatic transmission, a decent loader, and an optional rear tire size that fits between my vegetable beds.

/ Why Kubota over others? #24  
I looking to upgrade my smaller LS tractor and have been looking at every color under the sun. In orange, I'm looking at the M7060HDC. I'm curious on folks' opinions on why they went with Kubota over others, given the premium price. Are they really that much more reliable?

Thanks all!

I bought the first one in a l2050 in about 1991, kept it for 12 years and 2200 hard hours and never went to the shop once. I got the same on trade in as I paid for it. The second one is a l3430 bought in 2004, went to the shop once when it was new it had a leaky seal on the PTO shaft, no problem since has about 1200 hours on it. I got a l4060 I am waiting on to be delivered, keeping the l3430 this time but I paid like 14k for it, I bet I wouldn't lose much if I would sell it or traded it in. I was just lucky I bought a Kubota the first time I was actually looking at a Bellarus when I bought the Kubota, I didn't know much about tractors then. Now I buy Kubota for proven reliability and their value doesn't seem to drop much over the years.

/ Why Kubota over others? #25  
Yes, I wasn't real interested in the JD 5075E, it was more money but about 1200 lbs lighter (@ 20%). The 5085e is great but the best I could do would have been 25K more and I liked the case just as much. It is a perfect size for me as I mostly do work tilling in my shelter belts. Ironically we did a bunch of work with a NH TN 75 yesterday. I do like the red better, but other than that they are basically the same. I didn't look at the Case 65 C so I'm not sure how it would compare to the M7060. If you have a dealer close it would be worth a look. The orange sure looks cool though.

Glad you didn't get the 5075. Had a 5055 cab and it was a nightmare. The 5100e is a whole different class than the 5075. You did great on your tractor. They were my second choice but it was close. Really just a JD fan boy at heart as that's why I grew up with.

Heh...my LS has been down for three weeks now, lol, as they try to track down a regen/limp mode issue.

The Kubota dealer here in town is not the most friendly one...either straight rude or at best not caring if we buy or not. The NH dealer has much better customer service, but I'm not sold on their tractors. The Deere dealer has very poor communication.

That's frustrating. My 5055 was in the shop around 9 months out of 18 and ran a warranty tab of close to 20k. Was split twice. Real piece of work. Where in Texas are you? I've just about got the salesman game dialed in and could get you going with a great Deere guy or case guy. I've got some contacts at kubota from when I was shopping and they seemed stand up

Yeah mine is new so I hope not to have problems. The guy helping me yesterday has 2 New Holland's and he does commercial landscaping. Our Pheasants Forever Chapter has 2 Case 75 c they use to manage about 2000 acres. No problems with any of these. Unfortunately anything can have problems, just don't wish it on anyone.

I think they offer a lot especially at the price point! Lots of standards that are extras with the other guys

Brett

/ Why Kubota over others? #26  
Look to the left, enough said. Kubota is the gold standard. Notice everything else is compared to Kubota? There is a reason for that.

/ Why Kubota over others?
That's frustrating. My 5055 was in the shop around 9 months out of 18 and ran a warranty tab of close to 20k. Was split twice. Real piece of work. Where in Texas are you? I've just about got the salesman game dialed in and could get you going with a great Deere guy or case guy. I've got some contacts at kubota from when I was shopping and they seemed stand up

Brett

We're in NE Texas - Sulphur Springs.

As I drive around the county, in newer tractors, I see either orange or red (Case, MF, Mahindra) tractors, with the occasional blue. The only green I see are usually older models or implements. Perhaps that is why my local Kubota/Case dealer doesn't seem that eager for my business, lol...he's got plenty.

/ Why Kubota over others? #28  
Around here new and shinny Case and JD's seems to pop up more in the fields than anything else, I have yet to see a large Kubota in a field, couple 100hp+ Mahindra's around.

The monster 4 tracked case magnum tractors seems popular in Ohio, lots of 2 tracked JD's also, I rarely see a tracked combine.

Most of all the highway mowing is done with JD, rarely a blue will pop up.

/ Why Kubota over others? #29  
I looking to upgrade my smaller LS tractor and have been looking at every color under the sun. In orange, I'm looking at the M7060HDC. I'm curious on folks' opinions on why they went with Kubota over others, given the premium price. Are they really that much more reliable?

Thanks all!

Premise: I'm pushing 68, was a design engineer for GM for many years before going to law school and becoming a patent attorney, and have been a mechanic all of my life. Until recently, I did ALL of my own maintenance, aside from warranty work. I grew up on a small farm and still live on one. I've owned many tractors over the years, both new and used.

Currently, among others, I own a 1994 Kubota B1750HST, a 2015 Kubota L6060 and a 2015 Kubota M9960.

My local dealer sells both CNH and Kubota. They have treated me well but their prices are not competitive. I have known this for years so when shopping for a small mowing tractor about 10 years ago, I shopped MF, my next closest dealer. There is much more to this story, but I'll be brief.

Eventually, I bought two new Massey Ferguson tractors, one in 2007 and another in 2013. Again, making a very long story short, I had trouble with both MF tractors and struggled to have these issues corrected within the warranty period. Briefly, MF and two different dealers all treated me, a cash buyer badly, rendering my MF experiment a disaster. FWIW, both dealers have since closed their doors.

About two years ago, I threw in the towel on MF and decided to bite the bullet and replace both tractors. When I did so, I considered nothing but Kubota (yes, I did shop JD, but my nearest dealer was both arrogant and unknowledgeable), knowing that my local dealer was not competitive price wise.

Here's why: My B1750HST Kubota has been absolutely trouble free since I bought it in 1994. Trouble free. Nothing. Not so much as a fuse, light bulb or fan belt. Nothing. It was never back to the dealer for anything, warranty or otherwise. Yes, I keep it inside, do not abuse it and maintain it well. Nevertheless, absolutely no issues in 23 years is remarkable.

When I gave up on the disastrous Massey Ferguson experiment, I seriously considered nothing but Kubota, knowing that I would not get competitive pricing from my local dealer. Note: there are valid reasons why I did not buy from other Kubota dealers.

If my experience with my new Kubota tractors is even similar to that with my 1994 B1750, I will be pleased.

SDT

/ Why Kubota over others?
Premise: I'm pushing 68, was a design engineer for GM for many years before going to law school and becoming a patent attorney, and have been a mechanic all of my life. Until recently, I did ALL of my own maintenance, aside from warranty work. I grew up on a small farm and still live on one. I've owned many tractors over the years, both new and used.

Currently, among others, I own a 1994 Kubota B1750HST, a 2015 Kubota L6060 and a 2015 Kubota M9960.

My local dealer sells both CNH and Kubota. They have treated me well but their prices are not competitive. I have known this for years so when shopping for a small mowing tractor about 10 years ago, I shopped MF, my next closest dealer. There is much more to this story, but I'll be brief.

Eventually, I bought two new Massey Ferguson tractors, one in 2007 and another in 2013. Again, making a very long story short, I had trouble with both MF tractors and struggled to have these issues corrected within the warranty period. Briefly, MF and two different dealers all treated me, a cash buyer badly, rendering my MF experiment a disaster. FWIW, both dealers have since closed their doors.

About two years ago, I threw in the towel on MF and decided to bite the bullet and replace both tractors. When I did so, I considered nothing but Kubota (yes, I did shop JD, but my nearest dealer was both arrogant and unknowledgeable), knowing that my local dealer was not competitive price wise.

Here's why: My B1750HST Kubota has been absolutely trouble free since I bought it in 1994. Trouble free. Nothing. Not so much as a fuse, light bulb or fan belt. Nothing. It was never back to the dealer for anything, warranty or otherwise. Yes, I keep it inside, do not abuse it and maintain it well. Nevertheless, absolutely no issues in 23 years is remarkable.

When I gave up on the disastrous Massey Ferguson experiment, I seriously considered nothing but Kubota, knowing that I would not get competitive pricing from my local dealer. Note: there are valid reasons why I did not buy from other Kubota dealers.

If my experience with my new Kubota tractors is even similar to that with my 1994 B1750, I will be pleased.

SDT

Thank you for the feedback!

I would pay about an extra $12K between the Kubota I am interested and a lesser known brand like LS. But, with my less than stellar history with LS and the fact that the LS dealer is a 35 min drive away, while my Kubota dealer is six min away....it may be worth the extra money for the nearby dealer and what seems to be a much better reliability in Kubota.