why so many jeeps now on road?

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #191  
My '13 F150 Ecoboost got 17.2 mpg
My '13 Wrangler gets 17.1 mpg
Over 2 years of driving each for the same driver, locations, and roads.

Loved my F-150 but it was Eco or Boost but not at the same time.
Hard to resist spooling a turbo up! But, if one really has to make it "there" it's nice to know that one can do so via discipline (rather than pushing)! (my car has averaged 51.5 mpg over the course of 105k miles now- hard to refrain from slamming the turbo, but I mostly do so)

Not sure what the turbo arrangement was in the 13' F150s, but I believe they're twin-turbo'd now: I've owned turbo vehicles for over 20 years now- the only way to go (esp with a diesel)!

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #192  
Jeeps made by Dodge. Not at all like the one that were by JEEP! Electronics are all screwed up ib both. Heat not working in either jeep, different years. To get to heater core the Entire dash has to be removed! We will never ever buy a jeep or dodge products again.

Lots of vehicles' heater cores are a biatch to replace. Had to do that in one of my VW TDIs: shop time is supposed to be 8hrs. That was for one car out of 5 of same I've owned, all with a lot of miles. Although it was the worst job imaginable I'd still never consider dumping the cars over this. Anything can fail. The concern should be whether it's endemic or not. My parents once bought a brand new Toyota and had the transmission lock up when driving down the interstate; Toyota replaced the transmission and there was never another problem (hard to go forward trusting a car after experiencing something like that!).

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #193  
Prices on old TDIs are also up (and old diesel Mercs are also insanely priced).
My brother sold his two owner never in the snow 83 turbo 300 Mercedes...

Original engine and trans with 300k accident free miles to the first person that came to see it...said he could have sold a dozen of them... Paid 12k when 5 years old and sold for 6k fast coming up to 40 years old..

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #195  
My brother sold his two owner never in the snow 83 turbo 300 Mercedes...

Original engine and trans with 300k accident free miles to the first person that came to see it...said he could have sold a dozen of them... Paid 12k when 5 years old and sold for 6k fast coming up to 40 years old..
I've been browsing looking for trouble (looking for an OM606) and have been seeing the current, insane prices. W123s are listed for $12k! I like the W124s. Not looking to replace my 2000 TDI with anything: recent 100k mile maintenance and I'm set for another 100k miles, which I'll likely never hit (currently about 225k miles and it runs better than new); lots of folks doing TDI swaps, and for a good reason.

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #196  
The windshield decal pretty much sums it up.
”It’s a Jeep thing. You wouldn’t understand.”
Consumer reports complains about everything that makes a Jeep a Jeep. Noisy, rough, blah blah blah. I have to admit, in 97 they were vastly improved, short of the frame that rusted prematurely. The 4 link and coil springs are much better than leaf springs.

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #197  
It is hard to follow the logic unless we have your knowledge or you can explain a bit more in detail.

If you are removing good anti-freeze to add your favorite brand, that is costing you money not saving any. Second, for those who have a warranty, a different coolant will void it.
Jeep is VERY specific about their coolant. Unlike other manufacturers, they do not approve of any other brand or color, at least not for my '13 Rubicon.
Chryslers coolant is propreitary dealer only overpriced garbage, meaning it can only be bought at a dealership. They cannot void your warranty for not running their coolant, that violates Magnusson-Moss warranty Act.

Prestone makes an excellent coolant that is equal to the overpriced Mopar coolant, is readily available anywhere.

Just flush the Mopar crap out, and replace with Prestone.

I owned a 16 JK which has the known cracked rad tank issues that FCA refused to warranty. I was still running the OEM coolant. I also owned a 17 Ram Hemi, their warranty is not worth the paper it is written on.

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #198  
Jeeps made by Dodge. Not at all like the one that were by JEEP! Electronics are all screwed up ib both. Heat not working in either jeep, different years. To get to heater core the Entire dash has to be removed! We will never ever buy a jeep or dodge products again.
When was Jeep an independent company? You'd have to go back to the Willys days to even come close, and comparing a 50s vehicle to a modern one is like comparing apples to tires.
I've been driving Chrysler products (not exclusively) for 50 years, and never once had one where the "electronics were all screwed up". The only heat issue I'm aware of is some of the ZJ series (mid-90s Grand Cherokees) had problems with the vacuum motors for the heater/blower doors, but it was only with certain options. I had a '98 and never had a heater problem (or really any significant problems) with it.

As far as heater cores go, I guess you haven't changed one in a few decades. Pretty much every vehicle made in the last, oh, 30 years or so the dash has to come out to replace the core.
So you have a car vs who knows vs a jeep;
Ford has made so many runs at Jeep or actually the 4wd utility market and screwed it up every time,
from the original Bronco, which got bloated. Then the Bronco II which was decent for a couple of years
and got bloated and carified and now going to try a Bronco again :mad: 🤬
Depends what you mean by "screwed it up". Do you mean they didn't leave it an off-road-only vehicle? Don't look now, but the mud kiddies are a very small part of the auto-buying customer base. Most people want something that's pleasant to drive on road as well.
Jeep has a level of off-road cred that any other make can only wish they had. Whether it's deserved or not is open to discussion, but no one else even comes close. Well, maybe a Unimog or something.

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #199  
Then I looked at Tacoma's, since a pick up would be more practical but ran into the same high dollar issue.
Finally found the perfect vehicle, a well used Nissan Frontier 4x4. Priced thousands below either of the above machines and a solid mid sized truck.
Don't get the appeal of tacomas, though it seems everybody and his uncle in Vermont has one. Must be some sort of a Vt. thing. Had their full size truck for a company vehicle maybe 10 years ago and it was a POS.
Our mail lady is a big fan of the Frontiers, I think she has 2 and her husband has one as well. Don't see very many of them around though.

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #200  
Chryslers coolant is propreitary dealer only overpriced garbage, meaning it can only be bought at a dealership. They cannot void your warranty for not running their coolant, that violates Magnusson-Moss warranty Act.

Prestone makes an excellent coolant that is equal to the overpriced Mopar coolant, is readily available anywhere.

Just flush the Mopar crap out, and replace with Prestone.

I owned a 16 JK which has the known cracked rad tank issues that FCA refused to warranty. I was still running the OEM coolant. I also owned a 17 Ram Hemi, their warranty is not worth the paper it is written on.
WB,

I haven't needed a warranty lately for a Dodge or Jeep. I have used them on our Fords in the last five years. They have not been worthless, but then, I tend to follow their recommendations while under warranty. Saying warranties are worthless lowers the credibility of your other statements.

Your point about the Magnusson-Moss warranty Act may be valid, but like anything else, you can help or hurt your cause when you have a claim. You may be more intelligent than the engineers at Jeep, but that doesn't mean you can beat them when you have a claim.

I suspect that when they see OEM filters, anti-freeze, shocks, etc., changed out on a vehicle, the odds of a claim being accepted go down even if its unrelated. For that reason, I wouldn't try to convince others to follow that lead. Being right doesn't mean you win, and you have proved that in your last post.

For an additional $10 for anti-freeze, I am not going to worry about it. I have no need to argue more about it. I wish you well and hope that in the future, you have the best of luck with your vehicles and with your repairs.