why so many jeeps now on road?

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #71  
jeeps are like untrained dogs, they just roll over where ever they want! lol

SR
I think the 1970’s is calling and wants your opinion back. Lol

New Jeep’s are not nearly as prone to rollover. Mine is very stable and predictable.

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #72  
What my wife's Suburban LTZ gets and it's actually comfortable. I had one CJ 7 years ago. Never again. Handle terrible on the Interstate, fuel mileage sucks and ride like a buckboard.

When gas hit's 4 bucks a gallon, you'll really appreciate that sardine box.

The new Jeep pickup is fugly too. Guy down the road (Jeep employee) has one. Totally worthless toy.

I think it's an 'image' thing like the pickups with 4 doors and the short beds that are worthless for anything but groceries. Soccer mom special.

Living 15 miles north of Jeep in Toledo, I see them all the time and I see them for sale used all the time too. I'd say 90% of them, the only 'off road' they ever see is a drive across the lawn.
Things change. Vehicles improve. The new Jeep’s are infinitely improved over the old Jeep’s in features, performance, reliability, comfort and safety. More complicated? For sure. All newer vehicles are.
Just like those old M9000s you putt around in. The new versions of your tractor are improved in almost every way, except simplicity.

Comparing an old Jeep CJ7 to a Suburban LTZ is like comparing your M9000 to my Massey 7495. They aren’t even in the same league.
I bet you’ve never driven a new Wrangler or Gladiator, because if you did, you wouldn’t make the inference that they were like a Jeep CJ-7.
Heck CJ-7s haven’t even been built for like 30 years.
What was a suburban like in the 1980’s? Was it as refined and feature filled as today’s Suburban? Of course not…

Last edited:
   / why so many jeeps now on road? #73  
'Feature-filled' makes me think of a 1911 that's 'improved' over previous versions. Looks like the original? Close enough.

IMO Jeeps are like Corvettes and blondes, nice to look at but I don't really want another one.

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #74  
'Feature-filled' makes me think of a 1911 that's 'improved' over previous versions. Looks like the original? Close enough.

IMO Jeeps are like Corvettes and blondes, nice to look at but I don't really want another one.
I have a Jeep and a blonde.
Love em both.
When I say feature filled, I mean basics, like recline versus fixed seats, power windows and locks, turbocharged engine, a radio you can actually hear, as well as sophisticated available features like locking front & rear differentials, front axle sway bar disconnect, navigation.

Couldn’t get those in 70’s Jeep’s.

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #75  
Things change. Vehicles improve. The new Jeep’s are infinitely improved over the old Jeep’s in features, performance, reliability, comfort and safety. More complicated? For sure. All newer vehicles are.
Just like those old M9000s you putt around in. The new versions of your tractor are improved in almost every way, except simplicity.

Comparing an old Jeep CJ7 to a Suburban LTZ is like comparing your M9000 to my Massey 7495. They aren’t even in the same league.
I bet you’ve never driven a new Wrangler or Gladiator, because if you did, you wouldn’t make the inference that they were like a Jeep CJ-7.
Heck CJ-7s haven’t even been built for like 30 years.
What was a suburban like in the 1980’s? Was it as refined and feature filled as today’s Suburban? Of course not…
I once had a CJ from Bedrock motors and it was that bad. The seats were rock hard, I felt every bump, and braking was well, painful.
1637537135196.png

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #76  
   / why so many jeeps now on road? #78  
   / why so many jeeps now on road? #79  
Henry the xenophobe's Model A was a big step up from his Model T in features .. if a bit less user-serviceable. :unsure:

But honestly, IMO as to having a Jeep as a hobby/pet: You only need one to have fun. (y)

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #80  
Model A about the same as serviceable but a few more things to service as 4 wheel brakes and separate emergency brake, water pump, sliding gear transmission and gas guage.

In some ways the Model A is easier... electric start standard and no carbide or oil lamps like early Model T

15 million T and 5 million A's produced.