why so many jeeps now on road?

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #171  
I've had Jeeps long before they were a fashion statement. 1968 CJ5 was a real workhorse.

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #172  
I am heavily considering trading mine on a Ram 3500 HO Cummins because of the resale value. Dealer is offering almost too much to resist!
Gotta love the Jeep & Ram truck lineup!

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #173  
in the past few months, i notice a huge increase of Jeeps on the road here in town & on way to place out of town. Why? my theory is covid release. lots of wanna be adventure seekers out there now. most of them will never go off road, mostly mall cruisers, but still, i'm amazed.

covid craze it is. people are on a spending frenzy. same with home remodeling on my block. lots of spending, with lots quitting jobs, with the supply chain starved.... no wonder inflation is skyrocketing (of course for other reasons as well).
what is it about this Jeep craze? then there is the new Jeep Pickup...don't get me started on that wannabe retro model, i have too many enemies already
Jeeps made by Dodge. Not at all like the one that were by JEEP! Electronics are all screwed up ib both. Heat not working in either jeep, different years. To get to heater core the Entire dash has to be removed! We will never ever buy a jeep or dodge products again.

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #174  
When I was 18 (in Y2K) I bought a '92 Cherokee. It had the 4.0 and could pull a lot more trailer than it could stop. It was the ultimate working and camping vehicle. I also loved the fact that it was incredibly rugged yet reasonably sized.

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #175  
Jeeps made by Dodge. Not at all like the one that were by JEEP! Electronics are all screwed up ib both. Heat not working in either jeep, different years. To get to heater core the Entire dash has to be removed! We will never ever buy a jeep or dodge products again.
You might be the perfect lease candidate?

All the serial Jeep leasers are in very good shape at the end of their lease and no repair costs as full warranty should it be needed.

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #176  
The first mod to any new or used Jeep is flushing out the overpriced dealer only garbage coolant and replacing with Prestone. That was the next mod for my JK had I of kept it.

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #177  
The first mod to any new or used Jeep is flushing out the overpriced dealer only garbage coolant and replacing with Prestone. That was the next mod for my JK had I of kept it.
It is hard to follow the logic unless we have your knowledge or you can explain a bit more in detail.

If you are removing good anti-freeze to add your favorite brand, that is costing you money not saving any. Second, for those who have a warranty, a different coolant will void it.
Jeep is VERY specific about their coolant. Unlike other manufacturers, they do not approve of any other brand or color, at least not for my '13 Rubicon.

Last edited:
   / why so many jeeps now on road? #179  
We have had a few Jeeps & until recent kept them all in New Mexico.

However now we've the Gladiator Rubicon, a 2020. Actually bought it used w/ 3,200 miles & 3 mths old. It had everything the wife wanted.

This thing just replaces all of the others that were waiting for their call to duty out where they were most at home. We went out there 3 times a year regularly over the last 15 yrs.
It should be noted our demand has also changed. Being in the later 70s has its own demands too.

This new JTR is now parked next to the wife's AMG. They both answer a call.

This Jeep is not little nor small. It fits us & gets driven most of the time. It's a Jeep thing as far as the actual driving in the deep sand, pasture, off roading & launching a boat, etc.
It offers a ''feel fun to drive it'', anywhere we go.

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #180  
Ford noticed the trend and are trying to take a bite out of Jeep's market share. Will they be able to? Who knows, the chip shortage is sure screwing up a lot of plans.