why so many jeeps now on road?

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #201  
WB,

I haven't needed a warranty lately for a Dodge or Jeep. I have used them on our Fords in the last five years. They have not been worthless, but then, I tend to follow their recommendations while under warranty. Saying warranties are worthless lowers the credibility of your other statements.

Your point about the Magnusson-Moss warranty Act may be valid, but like anything else, you can help or hurt your cause when you have a claim. You may be more intelligent than the engineers at Jeep, but that doesn't mean you can beat them when you have a claim.

I suspect that when they see OEM filters, anti-freeze, shocks, etc., changed out on a vehicle, the odds of a claim being accepted go down even if its unrelated. For that reason, I wouldn't try to convince others to follow that lead. Being right doesn't mean you win, and you have proved that in your last post.

For an additional $10 for anti-freeze, I am not going to worry about it. I have no need to argue more about it. I wish you well and hope that in the future, you have the best of luck with your vehicles and with your repairs.
Has anyone else NEVER changed antifreeze or am I the only one? My 99 Kubota has the same antifreeze I bought it with in 2003. The antifreeze in my truck is from about 2006 I think, deer took out the radiator. My 08 Hyundai has original antifreeze.

Kevin

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #202  
Most of my equipment has had anti-freeze changes, flushes and refills.

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #203  
Has anyone else NEVER changed antifreeze or am I the only one? My 99 Kubota has the same antifreeze I bought it with in 2003. The antifreeze in my truck is from about 2006 I think, deer took out the radiator. My 08 Hyundai has original antifreeze.

Kevin
You can buy a cheap hydrometer to see if the antifreeze is still good. Here is a result from a google search
1638305102433.png

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #204  
I don't change coolants that often but have/use a guy like this:

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #205  
The REAL question is, why do so many jeeps need repairs?? I wouldn't own one if they were half the price!!

SR

I have a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, 140,000 miles. Owned it since almost new, been in one minor front end fender bender. Still runs like new, had front struts replaced, front axle seal and bushing replaced, front drive shaft U joints replaced and other than normal maintenance still drives like new. I personally put 123,000 miles on it and it drives like new. I do have to replace the valve cover gasket soon.

very little rust and Im in Maine-Ive had it for 14 years now and I still love to drive it with heated seats, climate control, auto high beams, quadra drive II and so much power.

I am looking at the new Wagoneer but just want the one with infrared camera (so I can see and avoid deer and moose when I drive in northern Maine) and a 5.7 liter hemi (not the 6.4 monster).

That is why I had a front end fender bender-hit a deer.

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #206  
Jeeps made by Dodge. Not at all like the one that were by JEEP! Electronics are all screwed up ib both. Heat not working in either jeep, different years. To get to heater core the Entire dash has to be removed! We will never ever buy a jeep or dodge products again.
Jeep is not made by Dodge, but both are part of same parent company. I have owned 4 generations of Jeep and put over 150,000 miles on all of them except the one I drive now (have about 10,000 miles to go before I get there.) I have never lost a transmission, transfer case or engine on any of them. Not one single rebuid and all of them I still got over 5,000 bucks for trade in values.

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles

Have you ever wondered, “Who makes CDJR,” FCA, or Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, is the parent company that oversees the full Alfa Romeo, Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, RAM, FIAT, and Jeep brand.

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #207  
It’s Stellantis now.

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #209  
-I have owned 4 jeeps:Two wranglers and two grand Cherokees. I towed three of them behind my motorhome. My 2001 wrangler had 300k miles towing and has been in many trails including a couple of the top ten. My current Rubicon is great too.

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #210  
You guys putting hundreds of K's of miles on CJs are driving off-road pro'ly as much as on-road, right? :sneaky: Or why not just mention how easy they are to park along with the other perks of ownership. (y) (Karen is out there)

I pro'ly mentioned having owned a Jeep, CJ7 hard top, shtrait six 4-speed, with a year-old 7' 6-way 'lightweight' poly-moldboard plow, but it just wasn't me. I have 550' of gravel driveway, three 5' FEL buckets and three Edge Tamers (TM) for any of them and no niche for a pavement plow.

I would have loved to have needed that diamond in the rough CJ for any reason but never did and sold it to my FFL for $2100 within a year. I came so close to joining the club.