Why so much titan attachments hate?

/ Why so much titan attachments hate? #71  
Wild guess here but if the guy you talked to grabbed a tape or caliper and went out back to measure one, usually the sheet metal doesn't have an exposed edge to measure. It's either welded to itself in back, or reinforced with thicker bar around the opening. They mighta been measuring the reinforcement thickness instead.

/ Why so much titan attachments hate? #72  
You do realize that Kubota offers 2 buckets, a light gauge material bucket (usually with a angle broke top edge and an excavation bucket with a round tube top edge and extra stiffeners on the bottom surface plus a tempered cutting edge.). I have both and the excavation bucket is indestructible, in fact, I run a bucket mount hay spear on it all the time and lift and load 1200 pounds rounds and there is no flex what so ever in the bottom sheet at all. I'm surprised that when people buy a new Kubota tractor, dealers never tell them about the bucket option. When I bought my first M9000, my dealer knew what I was going to do with it and suggested the HD bucket option. Glad he did. My second M9 came with the lighter gauge materials bucket and no way would it hold up to what I do. It's fine for materials handling but that is about it. Both of my M's have the SSQA mount (one is an ATI, the other is Kubota) but everything interchanges quite nicely. I think the ATI SSQA is quite a bit heavier than the Kubota one.

/ Why so much titan attachments hate? #73  
You do realize that Kubota offers 2 buckets, a light gauge material bucket (usually with a angle broke top edge and an excavation bucket with a round tube top edge and extra stiffeners on the bottom surface plus a tempered cutting edge.). I have both and the excavation bucket is indestructible, in fact, I run a bucket mount hay spear on it all the time and lift and load 1200 pounds rounds and there is no flex what so ever in the bottom sheet at all. I'm surprised that when people buy a new Kubota tractor, dealers never tell them about the bucket option. When I bought my first M9000, my dealer knew what I was going to do with it and suggested the HD bucket option. Glad he did. My second M9 came with the lighter gauge materials bucket and no way would it hold up to what I do. It's fine for materials handling but that is about it. Both of my M's have the SSQA mount (one is an ATI, the other is Kubota) but everything interchanges quite nicely. I think the ATI SSQA is quite a bit heavier than the Kubota one.
I have the L2296 Bucket with bolt on edge, I believe it's a heavy duty bucket. I upgraded to it because I knew I'd be doing regular gravel work on my long driveway. I've since also learned the hard way that a heavy duty bucket with bolt on edge, is challenged by frozen gravel piles :)

I've also looked at the Landpride/Kubota LM2584 bucket (https://cdn-assets.greatplainsmfg.com/ari/attach/lp/public/specs/381-192sk.pdf)
But it's a lot more expensive and only 30 cubic feet. Probably the most important dimension to me is the depth, how much surface I can place on the ground, which is where the Titan shines.

I'm not sure if those are the HD and LM buckets you were referring to. I like my HD bucket, though I haven't hung 1200 pounds from its hook yet, but I'm pretty sure it's going to last longer than I will. But 9 cu ft. is _tiny_ for other tasks. I'm already plotting ways I might use the HD bucket as a carryall with an SSQA 3PH adapter when I'm using other attachments on the front, including a new LM bucket.

/ Why so much titan attachments hate? #74  
most of what they are selling is Chinese imports. As a dealer, your inbox gets PACKED with emails from the factories that build that stuff wanting you to import. We did two containers a few years ago, the quality was really inconsistent. We had 50-60 sets of pallet forks where the SSQA was so far off they all needed reworked. We've not ordered any of that stuff since.
I bought a grapple works great but customer service is absolutely terrible.

/ Why so much titan attachments hate? #75  
Terrible experience buying from Titan/PalletForks. I ordered a 'kit', consisting of bar, brackets, attaching hardware, shanks, teeth. They broke it into 2 shipments, one of which never arrived. So all I received was the bar. All this company does is make empty promises. There is no corporate number to call to complain; only a foreign call center number where nobody seems to know anything. A month and a half later (and after countless phone calls and e-mails), I STILL could not get the shipment of the rest of my order OR a refund even though they never disputed the fact that the 2nd part of the shipment was returned to them (damaged by and returned to them by FedEx during shipment; never reaching me). I finally opened a dispute with PayPal and my money was refunded. The whole ordeal wasted 1 and a half months' of my time.

/ Why so much titan attachments hate? #77  
Terrible experience buying from Titan/PalletForks. I ordered a 'kit', consisting of bar, brackets, attaching hardware, shanks, teeth. They broke it into 2 shipments, one of which never arrived. So all I received was the bar. All this company does is make empty promises. There is no corporate number to call to complain; only a foreign call center number where nobody seems to know anything. A month and a half later (and after countless phone calls and e-mails), I STILL could not get the shipment of the rest of my order OR a refund even though they never disputed the fact that the 2nd part of the shipment was returned to them (damaged by and returned to them by FedEx during shipment; never reaching me). I finally opened a dispute with PayPal and my money was refunded. The whole ordeal wasted 1 and a half months' of my time.

I had no trouble reaching a human being at palletforks.com who took time to attempt to answer my questions about a bucket they sell (though I'm pretty sure the answers were incorrect). But certainly I'm wary of their reputation. That said, for the savings in cost I ordered the 84" bucket from them and it's supposed to arrive tomorrow. I'll post a review at some point. I'm hoping that the sloppy SSQA fits are old news and do not reflect current offerings. That was my impression from reading a posts on them that spanned many years.

/ Why so much titan attachments hate? #78  
I had issues with their packaging-it is usually taped cardboard for SSQA attachments.
One got roughed up, only paint luckily, and I called them.

They asked if I wanted to ship back for a new one, or they would pay for the paint.
I asked for $5 for a can of paint, and $5 showed up as a refund the next week,

/ Why so much titan attachments hate? #79  
I ordered a PTO and 3 point adapter rated at 2400lbs. The first time I used it I was using an 800lb sweeper. I went over a slight bump and the bolts holding the face plate to the main unit pulled the threads out of the main body. The bolts did not shear or break, they pulled the threads out of the unit. Clearly cheap steel (it did come shipped on a metal frame with a Made In China sticker). Titan took their maximum 90 days to review, hoping I would go away, then they denied for misuse. I used it as advertised at 1/3 the rated weight. Total Junk. Their quality has gone down, this is the 4th piece that I got from them, 2 before this were sloppy fit to SSQA. Main plate damaged when it fell under unit

Attachments

• tempImagevYtxvf.png
    tempImagevYtxvf.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 93
  • tempImagerVgjNg.png
    tempImagerVgjNg.png
    5 MB · Views: 90
   / Why so much titan attachments hate? #80  
Did the bolts pulling out bend the bracket too?
Either the threads were cut wrong or that metal is way too soft.
how did they say you misused it, seems like you were well within spec.