Wife said what?!?!

/ Wife said what?!?! #31  
-i-tried-to-retire-but-now-i-work-for-my-wife-.jpg

/ Wife said what?!?! #32  
I lost my job day after MLK holiday. Came back from a 3 day weekend and found a 1 on 1 meeting with the boss scheduled Tuesday morning. When I dialed in I was greeted by my boss and an HR rep who both told me due to a business decision related to COVID my position was being terminated.

Since then I have been looking at what cuts I can make and what we can sell to save a little here and there so I can try retiring early. Wife looks at list and asked what about the Massey, you can always sell it😲

right........lmao. I would rather get rid of the wife than the tractor ( hoping she never reads Tractorbynet) I would never say that out loud though.
Sorry to hear about your job. There are plenty of jobs out there because many people out on Covid don't want to go back to work because they are getting the extra $300 from the Government. That money and unemployment comes close to what most people make after taxes.

/ Wife said what?!?! #33  
What is the major expense people are worried about that keeps them from retiring?

I hear it's healthcare costs, but do not know for sure.
Wifey and I are 62; no immediate plans to retire, as I love my job. But... Our Blue Cross / Blue Shield is almost 2500 bucks a month. Yep... 2500. And we are healthy. Thank God I can write it off 100% through my business.

/ Wife said what?!?! #35  
What is the major expense people are worried about that keeps them from retiring?

I hear it's healthcare costs, but do not know for sure.

Healthcare cost is not that bad after 65. Less than $200 a month for a good Medicare supplement and a drug plan. At least in my neck of the woods. that is a whole lot less than most people are paying while they are working.

/ Wife said what?!?! #36  
Wifey and I are 62; no immediate plans to retire, as I love my job. But... Our Blue Cross / Blue Shield is almost 2500 bucks a month. Yep... 2500. And we are healthy. Thank God I can write it off 100% through my business.
3 more years buddy, 3 more years.

/ Wife said what?!?! #38  
Less, actually. I turn 63 in 3 months. Can't wait to hit 65... $30,000 grand a year for health insurance??? Cut me a freakin break... 🤬🤬🤬
Should be just under $200 a month for a Medicare supplement and a drug plan. These are averages, but should get you in the ballpark. heck of a lot better than $2500 a month.

/ Wife said what?!?! #39  
Less, actually. I turn 63 in 3 months. Can't wait to hit 65... $30,000 grand a year for health insurance??? Cut me a freakin break... 🤬🤬🤬

I think this is the biggest internal problem the US faces as a country. Yet, I never hear one peep about it in the media.

If you don’t have employer sponsored health care and you are middle class, you are in a real jam - either pay lots of money to get coverage or go without.

I do believe it’s a huge factor (has to be #1) why people cannot retire before Medicare eligibility. Who can retire at 62 and pay $30,000/year for health care? Not unless you have lots of extra money.

MoKelly

/ Wife said what?!?! #40  
I think this is the biggest internal problem the US faces as a country. Yet, I never hear one peep about it in the media.

If you don’t have employer sponsored health care and you are middle class, you are in a real jam - either pay lots of money to get coverage or go without.
It is a problem for sure. I retired at 62 and got on Christian healthcare. $300 a month. It is not exactly insurance, but it meets the Government requirements. It is a "cost sharing" of Christians helping Christians. It does work. The wife had several claims against it. You have to do some of your own work on claim filing. Not as easy as having someone doin it for you. In any case 65 comes pretty quick. Quicker than you might think :)