Wife's reaction to washing my tractor

/ Wife's reaction to washing my tractor #1  

edgarrian

Platinum Member
Tractor
NA
So we had just gotten back from a mini vacation to new orleans. As soon as we got home I changed and got on my 1705 and went by the road and mowed the yard. Came to the house and parked it outside of the garage. Then my wife came out and we weeded the garden among some other things. She was getting ready to head back inside and asked me what i was going to do next. And i looked at her said I thought about washing the tractor real quick. She smirked and said Really Its A Tractor. Not that this thing was really dirty but I hadn't washed it and thought it could use one. It took all but maybe 30 minutes. Tractor looked good after I was done. I thought her response was funny. I went inside and said its no different then washing our vehicles. Or me power washing the patio concrete. Just needs done every so often. I think to since I was flying out of state for work the next day she was wanting some R&R time before I left but my thought was we just got home from a mini vacation. Thought Id share her perspective.

/ Wife's reaction to washing my tractor #2  
Some people like Harley's, Gull Wings, or hot rods. I prefer a nice tractor and wash mine when it gets dirty.... nuff said

/ Wife's reaction to washing my tractor #4  
Hey, I don't care what others think. I wash my tractor, too. (Not as often as I should/could, maybe....) OCD to the rescue! :)

/ Wife's reaction to washing my tractor #5  
It's all about priorities. When I bought our first "new" tractor, I immediately built a shed to store it out of the weather. Several years later I built a garage for our vehicles. ;)

/ Wife's reaction to washing my tractor #6  
It's all about priorities. When I bought our first "new" tractor, I immediately built a shed to store it out of the weather. Several years later I built a garage for our vehicles. ;)
Good to hear I'm not the only one!

/ Wife's reaction to washing my tractor #7  
You need moisture for corrosion.

Getting it wet, and putting it inside the barn, will leave moisture in all kinds of places. This moisture will sit there for days.

Lift up the mat on your floor, after you get it wet, for one example of this.

If it needs washing, wash it. But, don't get too crazy about it.

If possible, let it sit in the sun afterwards.

The same goes for your car.

Sometimes too much love is no good.

/ Wife's reaction to washing my tractor #9  
I just tell my wife

"I'm spiffing up the tractor in case you need to use it and don't want to soil your good dress."

/ Wife's reaction to washing my tractor #10  
You need moisture for corrosion.

Getting it wet, and putting it inside the barn, will leave moisture in all kinds of places. This moisture will sit there for days.

Lift up the mat on your floor, after you get it wet, for one example of this.

If it needs washing, wash it. But, don't get too crazy about it.

If possible, let it sit in the sun afterwards.

The same goes for your car.

Sometimes too much love is no good.

This is true. I'm guilty of washing stuff too much and have had prior vehicles start rusting sooner than they should because I washed them all the time then parked them in the shed. Now I try to limit my water washes to once a month and will do waterless washes or use the California Duster in between.