Wife's truck making noise.

/ Wife's truck making noise. #21  
My wife told me a few years back that the late 90's Park Avenue was making strange noises. Got under it to find that one motor mount bolt was missing and the other one was nearly missing.

/ Wife's truck making noise.
is is possible the spring broke not because of overload, but by repeatedly driving over rough road without a load?
I think what happened is that it broke while in the sand dunes. We take it easy but it is a 16 yo truck. When I through her dune tires on, I didn't see it broke. We then loaded the mini x on the trailer and, naturally, while driving on the trailer it extended the suspension and pulled it out.

Only thing I can think of, it wasn't on the bump stop when I changed tires over.

/ Wife's truck making noise. #23  
When I first read this thread title this afternoon I saw "Wife Is Making Truck Noises". Didn't think anything of it at the time. Just now read it correctly. :)

/ Wife's truck making noise. #24  
I think what happened is that it broke while in the sand dunes. We take it easy but it is a 16 yo truck. When I through her dune tires on, I didn't see it broke. We then loaded the mini x on the trailer and, naturally, while driving on the trailer it extended the suspension and pulled it out.

Only thing I can think of, it wasn't on the bump stop when I changed tires over.
Is it a GM product? They seemed to have a bad run of springs around that time period. From around 2006-2010, nearly every one of our company trucks had to have leaf springs replaced.

/ Wife's truck making noise. #25  
Is it a GM product? They seemed to have a bad run of springs around that time period. From around 2006-2010, nearly every one of our company trucks had to have leaf springs replaced.

I’m betting it’s a GM truck. I’ve seen a several of them break like that.

/ Wife's truck making noise. #26  
There's bound to be one other husband reading this who occasionally wishes his wife wouldn't tell him when something isn't right.:rolleyes:

No GM at this house. F150

/ Wife's truck making noise. #28  
When I first read this thread title this afternoon I saw "Wife Is Making Truck Noises". Didn't think anything of it at the time. Just now read it correctly. :)

Yeppers, you have to stop that one before it gets out of hand. Particularly on long trips. If you don't, then pretty soon it's crazy loud with everyone in the car getting into the act. The wife, kids, and even the dog. All bouncing up and down, pumping their fists in the air at every semi, and everyone making truck noises.

If you don't put your foot down then next thing you know they'll all be making tractor noises.....

/ Wife's truck making noise. #29  
I don't drive my wife's truck much but used it yesterday to go to my dad's to cut up an oak tree that was down.

Drove good but dang, something was wrong coming from the bed area.

Got home and found a broken leaf spring.
Asked her about the noise and she said she just got used to it and I'm sure just turned the radio up.
For 25 years I've been telling her she has to tell me when something isn't right.

Frustrating.

View attachment 745801View attachment 745802
Time for new shocks...

New ranchos last year.