Will there be an autumn?

/ Will there be an autumn? #31  
I used to be one of those flooding the backroads.
We'd take off at dawn from Burlington, drive down to Bennington, cut east to Brattleboro, up to I89/I91 and back to Burlington. LONG drive but memorable.

We usually do a foliage loop drive last Sunday in Sept...Lancaster to Colebrook then thru Dixville Notch to Errol (with an obligatory stop at LL Cote), down to Berlin, over to Whitefield then back home, usually with a stop at Gorham House of Pizza or the Chinese buffet (which I don't think has re-opened post-covid). Some years clockwise, others reversed. Foliage is beautiful this year! It's been so dry I didn't think it would be.

We've had 5 or 6 nights where we got frost...a couple of them into the low 20s, so the garden is pretty much done. If anything "fall" seemed to come a couple weeks early this year.
My favorite season, bar none.

Feels like fall here in N. FL. :)

Somehow, I don't associate Florida with fall.
An old childhood friend lives in the Sarasota area, one year I drove down to visit him (would have been mid-ish Oct). Called him the night before to let him know when I would be there, he told me it was nice & cool (I was in Ga. at the time, and it was hotter than you-know-where). Got there, it was in the mid 90s and muggy. Told him I thought he said it was cool, he said something to the effect that it was, had been "hot" the previous week. No thanks.

/ Will there be an autumn? #32  
I’m seeing some nice pics of the Moosehead Lake region of Maine. We are a way off yet for color here.

/ Will there be an autumn? #33  
Now were getting taste of summer again 80F now for the next 3 days. :confused3: send some rain our way need it badly.

/ Will there be an autumn? #35  
We're getting some pretty good color here... I wasn't sure that we would, considering how dry it's been. Frost almost every night for the past week, which was fine with me as I finally laid my dismal garden to rest. I'm not even going to bother to put it under this fall... next spring I'm going to disc it along with the rest of the 2 acre field, then plant oats and buckwheat. This weekend I'm cutting a trail to a puckle of wood that I normally couldn't get to unless the ground was frozen.

/ Will there be an autumn? #36  
Our colors might be at there max here in the UP of MI. We have had a few frosts and I can't say its far from a average fall.

Attachments

• P1060515.jpg
    P1060515.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 59
  • P1060516.jpg
    P1060516.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 55
  • P1060554.jpg
    P1060554.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 59
   / Will there be an autumn? #37  
Our weather was more than unusual this year. Smoke, ash, smut from from mid-August until mid-September. Temps were very cold because of this. Our few broadleaf trees turned golden around the end of August and the leaves began falling off.

Lack of fall rains and cold temps caused this condition.

/ Will there be an autumn?
Hard rain here last couple of days. A few beautiful days now back to rain rain rain. It rained for 8-10 hours yesterday, hard at times.

Went from 90s to 60s, now 70s and rain but....is there not any 80 degree days anymore.

That transition fro 90s to 60s used to be more gradual. Now, Some years it’s like a light switch, jury still out on this autumn.

/ Will there be an autumn? #39  
The times they are a changing

That could be a Covid 19 reaction.
We had a WONDERFUL spring in NE Mississippi, cool, balmy nights. CLEAR beautiful skies. No air pollution since no one was driving.

Our AVERAGE September rainfall is 3.5 inches. We got just about that in the last 2 days.

Yeah we had a little over 6 inches in under 24 hours with 3 of them falling in under 2 hours. Washed the main water line out in 3 places.

/ Will there be an autumn? #40  
What is autumn, if it's low humidity, cool nights, warm days, leaves changing color and fresh apple pie, then yeah we got that.......