Winch mount, RTV 900

/ Winch mount, RTV 900 #1  

R_Walter

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L4240
I just purchased the Kubota V4254 winch mount kit which came from Kubota with absolutely no instructions as to what kind of winch, how big of a winch and, most importantly, how to install the kit with a winch. [I've not yet bought a winch, but purchased the kit on-line with a bunch of maintenance items for my l4240 and my RTV 900.]

Has anyone used this kit to install a winch and which winch did you install? I'm planning on a Warn 4000 minimum.

/ Winch mount, RTV 900 #2  
FWIW, my dealer installed winch was an 2500 or 3000#. I wonder if there is room for a 4000# winch.

Ken

/ Winch mount, RTV 900 #3  
   / Winch mount, RTV 900 #4  
I put a 4000lb Viper on mine using their included mount with minor adjustments; no problems

/ Winch mount, RTV 900
I got the Kubota mount for my RTV1100(different mount then the 900) and it was drilled for the Warn 3000 pound winch. Got a KFI mount when I upgraded to the Warn 4000 and put the 3000 on the back with a 2inch receiver.

RTV900 - Winch Mounts - KUBOTA - RTV900 - KFI ATV Winch, Mounts and Accessories

Does not look like the 2009 and newer RTV have a Warn 4000# bracket.

David Kb7uns

Looks like KFI only sells a KFI-branded winch. No Warns on their website. Will their KFI mount for the Warn 4000 actually fit a Warn 4000? I know it's a bit silly to ask this question.

/ Winch mount, RTV 900 #6  
R_Walter,
Go to the WARN website as you will find a page that gives the on center bolt pattern for the winch of your choice. Compare it to your winch mount and go from there.
I have the WARN RT40 mounted (on a different brand of UTV) to an aftermarket mount and had to LIGHTLY edge drill out two of the holes and am very satisfied with the results. I even got that big diesel slug stuck in a bog down to the axles and the RT40 pulled 'er out.
Since you're going to do this, you will need some other tools in your arsenal, one being a snatchblock, two being matching the power draw of your winch of choice to your existing battery capability.