Winch...

/ Winch...
Only with the inlet and outlet tied together. Then it takes about 100 lbs of force to unspooll it.
Yeah, I read your entire thread and saw that. I noticed the HUGE ports on the motor restricted by the small hose fittings for the AUX PTO lines. I wonder if you could put large hoses to a valve between the lines that you could open to free spool it. Like an H with the valve in the cross bar of the H. Put the motor ports on the bottom of the H and then the small hoses on the top of the H. I bet the small hose ports are restricting flow, but I could be mistaken. It could just be the nature of the guts of the motor.

Again, thanks for that link. I had forgotten about that thread.

/ Winch... #22  
Yeah, I read your entire thread and saw that. I noticed the HUGE ports on the motor restricted by the small hose fittings for the AUX PTO lines. I wonder if you could put large hoses to a valve between the lines that you could open to free spool it. Like an H with the valve in the cross bar of the H. Put the motor ports on the bottom of the H and then the small hoses on the top of the H. I bet the small hose ports are restricting flow, but I could be mistaken. It could just be the nature of the guts of the motor.

Again, thanks for that link. I had forgotten about that thread.
I think if it's the port size then it would be easy to pull when pulling slow and then get harder when you go faster. It is hard to move even slowly, so I think it's inherent in the motor design.